PDA

View Full Version : Silly idea, maybe?

Silly idea, maybe?

jzal8
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
A friend at work brought up the idea of leave a bowl with some gold fish swimming in it inside a viv. Would a corn hunt those suckers down? Would it be harmful to a 3 ft corn? Just curious about the whole thing, thought it was a cool idea.

princess
03-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Vinman has mentioned that a particular snake he knows goes mad for goldfish so I guess you could try. You could try it as an occasional treat/environmental enhancement I guess...

...also an afterthought...I have a siamese fighting fish and if I hold one of my snakes up to the glass to say hello the fish goes mad with the poncing about and flaring his gills and the snake tries desperately to get in. My snow figured out that he had to go up to get in(clever boy) so at that point I moved him away! I figure given the chance the snake would make a nice snack of the fish.

Mangrove
03-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Well I don’t know if it would harm the snake but sometimes a change in food can change his "attitude" and sometimes the snake will like the meal so much he will not eat anything but goldfish but that is a worse case scenario.

I have had friends who have feed other food to his snake like anoles and small lizards when his snake was rejecting other food and his snake got so hooked on um that is all he wanted to eat and it took him a wile to get his snake eating mice again and it was costing him allot!

MegF.
03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
I don't know that it would become something they would eat only, but I would worry about bacterial infection. I understand fish can be carriers of a lot of bacteria.

jzal8
03-11-2005, 03:12 PM
mmm thats a good point meg...we'll see, it would definitly be cool to see the corn strike into the water and constrict the fish haha. prob wont ever try it though.