PDA

View Full Version : Had to share

Had to share

SilverTongue
08-02-2002, 02:40 PM
I know this is not a corn, but still.......

Some depressing news to share. My husband works for SWBell and he was installing a line in some apartments when he saw are citys contracted animal control pull up with some poliece. They went into an apartment and came out with a 10' Burmese Python and loaded it into a truck. My husband called me while they were searching the apartment for anything else. I told my husband to go see if we can just assume ownership of the snake (not that I have any place to put a 10' snake, but I would have found a place) They told him that it was not illeagle to own a snake like that so they would have to hold it for him. THe snake had a 5inch gash on one side and a 3 inch gash on the other. It had some how pushed out of its aquarium. Why the hell he had it in a glass aquarium is beyound me. I am just glad the poliece didnt shoot it, because when they had first gone into the apartment they found the snake in i guess a lil poted tree in there it started striking at them as they came near. The owner had be arrested out of town and he had been gone for 3 weeks. Anyways the animal control said we couldnt have the snake because it was property of the guy in jail. He would have to go down there or send a family member to claim the snake or thye would destroy it. My husband offered to foster it, but the city requires them to use certain foster parents. It just %$@%@#% sucks. They say it doesnt look like the snake would live anyways because of the gashes. They are going to treat it, but they say it looks to be atleast 15 years old and probably wouldnt survive. I dont know why they would even try to save a snake that they are just going to destroy anyways. I hate this and I hate them!! I dont want the snake to be in pain and I want them to save it, but then just turn around and destroy it when there are people who would take the snake in!!!!???? Just because it would be considered stealing from the man, who btw was probably arrested for smuggeling and stealing himself!!! this @$#@%$# sucks!!!! I just had to share this Thanks for your time.

Simon
08-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Man......that kind of sucks....
poor snake.....
which I had a home for it.....but yes I would think that those people wouldn't let us take it....what stupid people...