PDA

View Full Version : do you name your snakes

do you name your snakes

reaper
08-03-2002, 04:04 PM
hi do you name your snakes or not. would just like to see how many of us name are snakes

http://simonreaper.tripod.com/simonspersonalsite/

SilverTongue
08-03-2002, 05:29 PM
Amery- Slinka
Snow- Blanka
Texas rat- Bandit
Redear Slider- Gam-Mahrah
Cat orange tabby- Buttershotts
Cat black solid-Bajera
Cat grey solid-Shade
White mice- whatever my daughter feels like calling them today

Newt I havnt named I never see it anyways
Forget naming fish i have too many
My 3 kings I am gonna sell so I havnt named them.....I have discovered i dont like Kingsnakes

little twiglet
08-03-2002, 06:14 PM
i named my first and only snake twiglet hence the user name!!
What are urs called

GinnyO
08-03-2002, 07:10 PM
I named my snow corn Willow. It just seemed to fit her.

Iris
08-03-2002, 08:09 PM
In the order that they are in my signature...

Snakes:
Xavier
Creamy and DB
New Baby Girl or BabyG (temporary)

non-snakes:
No Name
Tobias (Toby) and Nip

:)
It's so fun to find the right name for them. Although my classmates named Creamy and DB and the names just stuck

BeniciaBrian
08-03-2002, 08:22 PM
I cannot vote. I get a message that says my session does not appear to be valid? Anyone know whats wrong?

srw3897
08-03-2002, 10:24 PM
Voting only works for me when it's a poll I posted.

BeniciaBrian
08-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Somebody gets to vote. I see there are 12 votes in the results. Whats up?

Yes I name my corns. Oops. Our corns. I share them with my kids. And now my wife has one.

Reptiles=3
08-04-2002, 09:36 AM
i name all my Snakes Greek names i like it better!!

1.0 Ball Python (ZEUS)
0.1 Ball Python (Athena)
1.0 Silverqueen Corn (Hermes)
0.1 Ghost het.Silverqueen Corn (Isis)

Neil
08-04-2002, 10:01 AM
I named my snakes because I've only got a few but, when my collection gets a lot bigger and I start to breed them all and things, I think I'll probably stop.

B-J@y
08-04-2002, 11:23 AM
Reptiles=3 i name all my Snakes Greek names i like it better!!

Hi i don't want to be nitpicking, but ISIS is a egyptian god! ;)

Further, i named al three of my corns! but peaple with a eater collections will have a bigger poblem naming theyre corns!

Simon
08-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Well...I am never a creative person...so never named my snakes before.....I tried...but then the number of snakes that I have is growing so fast that I don't think that I wil be able to name them.....I only number them right now....but sooner or later....I don't think that the number thing would work.....I am now starting to forget which one is what number already....
having around 40 + snakes right now and going to be around 80-90+ snakes in two months time......so I don't think that I will be able to remember them all...LOL....

Filovirus
08-04-2002, 02:46 PM
i have one snake.. sold as a ghost.. it's name is

Kellogg... the corn snake..

abbrevited to K..

Bob...

oh yeah.. whats with the

etc etc etc..?? I'm new.. let the newbies in on the lingo

reaper
08-04-2002, 03:06 PM
seems like i am not on my own then with naming my snakes i like calling my snakes after things to do with horror and vampires so a have chosen a theme to name snakes i have a list of names as well so when i get more snakes i can just select a name from my list lol.

http://simonreaper.tripod.com/simonspersonalsite/

or www.hellsnakes.co.uk

Hurley
08-04-2002, 03:28 PM
oh yeah.. whats with the

etc etc etc..?? I'm new.. let the newbies in on the lingo

The number before the decimel is the number of males, the number after the decimel is number of females.

2.3 = 2 males, 3 females.

If there is a third number, it is the number of snakes whose gender is unknown/unsexed snakes(like with hatchlings).

0.3.35 = 0 males, 3 females, and 35 snakes whose gender has not been determined.

BloodyCats
08-04-2002, 11:11 PM
My serpents are:

Normal Corn "Irwin"
Amel Corn "Penny"
Anery Corn "Chaos"
Ball Python "Miss Cleo"

They are all named after something. Irwin after the croc hunter and his wife, Penny after the kid on Inspector Gadget, Chaos after a computer game where there are serpent "gods" of chaos, order and balance, and Miss Cleo is named after the TV "psychic."

SnakesRus007
08-05-2002, 12:40 AM
baby Amel -- Mr. Slithers
Adult female reg -- flash
large Iguana -- tornado
Baby Iguana -- blue (it has a blue head)
Hamsters -- Chopper and killer (trust me they live up to their names....)

Missymonkey
08-05-2002, 12:44 PM
okeetee= zoey after the orange monster on sesame street

anery a= maisy after the mouse in the semi famous children's books and tv cartoon ( i think it's still around)

I hope I am not jinxing them though because I have not yet recieved them, Don is shipping them this week, I am nervous, excited and so glad the wait is over...

and elvis is my new gecko (my fiance bought me, sigh, how romantic) and mia (after frank sinatra's third wife mia farrow) is my tabby cat, and she's a spit fire, and scott has an oscar fish named ozzy (evil ugly huge fish which i don't recomend anyone buying)

Kilojara16
08-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Techically, I don't have a snake,yet (6 more days) but I have come up with names. I really like Calliope (Calli for short) which is a name of one of the muses in Greek Mythology. Or maybe Fortuity as in good luck. I also like Eponie, Aeris, and Ophelia. If I end up getting a male I'd might name him Leonardo (De Vinci), Tony, or maybe Nacho.

Hurley
08-05-2002, 05:08 PM
I like the name Ophelia.

Hmm, I may be a bit partial. Ophelia, my anery female gave birth to a lovely clutch of 18 this year.

Good luck with your new little one when you get it. This must be worse than waiting for Christmas to get here!

Katie
08-06-2002, 08:27 AM
My snakes name is Snoopy because everytime I go into the room at night she is hanging off her branch pushing her snout (nose?) against the top of the enclosure in a vain attempt to get loose!

Elaphe_Mo
08-06-2002, 09:09 AM
I hope I never have too many snakes that I can't name them all... right now I've got:

1.1 normal - Mephistopheles ("Fleas") & Isult
1.1 snow - Flick & Holly
1.1 amber - Toes & Missy
1.1 silver queen ghost - Rygel & Blue
1.0 anery - Tristan
1.0 opal - Chewie
0.1 butter - Burre
0.1 amel stripe - Twizler
0.1 lav - Opal (named before amel lavs were called opals...oops!)
0.1 amel motley - Bubbles

Plus 1.0 Guyanan rainbow boa - Hue

Jimmy C.
08-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Hi ,
I have 25 snakes and they all have names. I keep a lable on each viv so that I know which snake is in each one. It helps alot at feeding time when I have 6 snakes out in feeding containers,I know which viv they go back to.
The names I choose just come to me .
Jimmy C.

jim
08-06-2002, 03:48 PM
have about fifty snakes and they all have names (except for 2 new durango mtn. kings)... here's a short list of some examples....
hector (my first normal corn), katanga (a large norther pine), iris, logan, luther, persephone and pluto (ghosts), emily, charlotte, anne, marie (the last 4 are the bronte sisters), venus, aphrodite, phoenix, helios, narcissus and echo (miamis), cicero and ceres (caramels het butter), demeter, barbara bush (a mean water snake), jack chrissy and janet (sunglows), hera, trinity, flagstaff and sierra (arizona mtn. kings), adam eve and lilith (hypo het. amber trio), copperfield, wyatt, austin and cheyenne (texas rats), steele and stratus(white oak grey rats), cressida, ashton..... whew.... i think thats most of them was going on memory.... :)---jim

HomeBreeder
08-06-2002, 06:59 PM
a few of many names.. I'm not the most creative person, you'll probably see a trend or two in the words I pick:

Mary Jane - butter motley; sreminds me of Mary Jane candies.
Sierra & Sweatpea - blizzards (don't ask, I don't know)
Payson, Pinkie, and theBrain - snows
Casper, Vermont, & Angel - ghosts (lots of my snakes are named for places)
J-Lo - CB Okeetee
Jasper - Jasper Cty. Okeetee
Annie & Bandy - banded
Dracula & Elvira - crimsons
Sunny and Sunrise - sunglow & sg-motley
Laruel & Hardy - triple hets
Jekyll & Hydea - het hypo-a & het hypo-b
Vicky & Venny - hypo motley & caramel motley

My golden geckos are Tourmaline and Amber...
My vittatus are Bones and Nurse Chapel...
My ball python is Gossimer...

Some of my leo's names: Elvis, Cosmo, Tang, Cygnus, Storm, Whisper...

No rhyme or reason....

Susan
08-08-2002, 09:51 PM
All of my snakes have names, and, including the keepers from this year, I have 85 total. I even have names picked out for the potential future keeper hatchlings for the next 2 years. I don't want to spend the next hour listing them here, I do have to get up and work in the morning. Some of the names are not very creative, but some get fairly creative, especially when I try to make them go together if the hatchlings are siblings.

wheeler78
08-08-2002, 09:52 PM
my snakes name is the best the one and only..... SHEBA!!!
a very pretty snowcorn i got some pics of her in th pic gallary.

GinnyO
08-08-2002, 10:14 PM
All hail Sheba!! Thy name will live in infamy!! LOL :D Ginny

sue frederick
08-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Echo - male amel
Blaize - female sunglow
Spot - oketee
Smoke - anery (almost a ghost)
Ferrari - normal striped female
Elsie - creamsicle
M.C. - Honduran (named after MC Escher)
Picasso - Tangerine Honduran
Phyllis - Tangerine Honduran
Lacey - Children's Python

and then you have the mammals - Charlie, Nehi, Cheyenne are our dogs, Spice is the cat, (Stud) Muffin is the rabbit, and fish that have no names. The scorpions also have no names.
sue frederick

StevenWD
08-09-2002, 10:47 AM
We name our snakes (we being my children and I). The kids also wanted to name the mice and rats. I was a bit weary as the rodents were there to produce food, so we compromised and I gave a naming convention. So our rodents carry the following (and similar) names...August 12th, August 19th, the twins are August 26th, etc.

SnakesRus007
08-09-2002, 12:00 PM
lol

LadyChaos
08-09-2002, 02:28 PM
hm...lets see what I can remember while I sit in my cube...

1.1 amel - Louie and Sedona
1.1 lavendar - Bacchus and Amethyst
1.1 het amel and hypo - Conan and Valeria
1.1 charcoal ghost - Merlin and Misty
1.1 snow - Thor and Cloudy
1.1 butter - Aragorn and Arwen
1.1 miami - Jacen and Jaina
1.1 amber - Walvis and Feylin
1.0 amel - Orion
0.1 miami - Gloria
1.0 het amber and zigzag - Apollo
0.1 amber - Topaz
0.1 aztec het amel - Briar
0.1 reverse okeetee het anery - Sonja
0.1 anery motley het hypo - Sarra
1.0 hypo motlet het anery - Collan
0.1 het snow - Ruby

1.1 bubblegum rat - Bazooka and Coral
0.1 bubblegum rat - Maia
0.1 het albino black rat - Persephone
1.1 poss het snow honduran - Chay and Tobin
0.1 aberrant nelsoni - Hecate

leos:
group 1 - Legolas, Isis, Goblin, Thalia, Boreal, Selene
group 2 - Gandalf, Lissar, Deanna, Ferngully, Sunkist, unnamed female

unnamed:
1.1 anery brooks
1.0 aberrant het hypo tangerine honduran
1.1 het snow zigzag

with a few more making their appearances later this year....and don't even get me started on holdbacks

phew!

Kel
08-10-2002, 02:56 PM
I'm hatching the eggs this year and this thread has come in very handy as I always name the hatchlings !

My permanent resident Corns are:
Jonah & Jericho (normals)
Joshi (reverse okeetee)
Nilly (snow - short for "Vanilla")
Tish (amel)
Pumpkin (normal motley/stripe)
Treacle (amel stripe)
Jemima (normal/miami)

The babes hatched so far are: Archie, Carmen, Cleo, Coco, Cody, Hector, Hugo, Jake, Jeremiah, Jessica, Kiki, Lexie, Martha, Matilda, Max, Minty, Molly, Nell, Oscar, Peachy, Pip, Polly, Rosalie, Spike, Asha, Barney, Bastian, Beth, BJ, Blue, Casey, Daisy, Ella, Emily, Ethan, Felicity, Freya, Jasper, Kizzy, Laney, Logan, Lucas & Maisie....with about 45 more to come.

snkegrl47
08-11-2002, 12:58 PM
1 normal corn
if female - bella iliana
if male - zayn quon

1 anerythristic corn
if female - biana fleta
if male - keiji boaz

1 ball python
a female - kabira naveen

if it matters
1 male pomeranian dog - teddy bear kare bronson