• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

orange juice?

Anazazia

My little guy decided that when I fed him on friday, he was going to regurge his latest meal, and what appear to be the remainder of his last meal on Saturday night (There was very little, maybe just the snout of the last meal). I'm going to get in contact with a vet tomorrow, but I don't have any stool samples, and stupidly I threw away the regurge, so I don't know if there's anyway they can check him for parasites. Anyway, my point is, since I know he can't eat for at least a week, or 10 days depending on who you talk to, I wanted to make sure he's still getting some nuetrition since he's a little under fed and so young. I've been having trouble finding a vitamin that I can just desolve in the water in my town, so I was wondering if I could dilute a little orange juice or grape juice into the water. I know it's not a huge amount of vitamins, but at least it would be something to help in his system.

I'd avoid the additives

They sell a vitamen powder especially for reptiles. It is made by Rep-Cal and is called Herptivite. You just lightly dust the pinkie's butt before feeding.

Here's a link to the product on Bean Farm's website.

I'm aware of the dust-on type of vitamin. I was just wondering if there was something I could do for him in the interum between now and the next time he can eat, since it's a few days.

Snakes get more than enough vitamins from their prey, so I wouldn't be concerned about adding more. Even though there was a regurge, any healthy snake will recover and be fine after 7-10 days.

On a side note, you can add grapefruit seed extract to the water. Use the forum's search function to find numerous threads describing the use of this product.

Back