Oops!...

carol
03-21-2005, 11:17 PM
What are these two thinking. ;) :sidestep:

Male = Speckled King X Albino Yellowrat cross
Female = Albino Yellowrat

CornCrazy
04-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Carol...I am very interested in babies from that pairing :) Please keep me posted!

carol
04-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I sure will! I can't wait to see what they look like.

CornCrazy
04-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Thank you! I really like hybrids/intergrades. I look forward to adding more to my collection!

carol
06-16-2005, 01:11 PM
First one out! I can't believe how MELLOW it is, it very well maybe the friendliest, most inquisitive little one I have ever held. It had only been out of the egg for about an hour before I grabbed it and it was just as interested in checking me out as I was it! Being part King, I expected them to be little demons.

If you have a big imagination, such as myself, you can find a pretty freaky head pattern in this one.

daisy
06-16-2005, 01:20 PM
How cool Carol!
Post some more pics of the other babies. I'm curious to see what they all look like....
I agree that the head pattern is very neat...I saw 2 people about to kiss at the beginning...then I looked at the whole picture :eek1:

Serpwidgets
06-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Cool! You gonna name it Rorschach? ;)

CrazyCorn
06-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Carol, what do the normals look like?

carol
06-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Carol, what do the normals look like?

I don't know, they haven't come out to play yet. :)

CornCrazy
06-16-2005, 04:21 PM
OH WOW! I almost forgot about them! Good thing we held off on shipping the rest! LOL Please refresh my memory as to how much these were going to be! I know I'm getting mom, but I would like to get one or two of the babies too (still). Thanks!

carol
06-16-2005, 08:19 PM
OH WOW! I almost forgot about them! Good thing we held off on shipping the rest! LOL Please refresh my memory as to how much these were going to be! I know I'm getting mom, but I would like to get one or two of the babies too (still). Thanks!

I don't remember! :dunce: I'll have to go through my sent messages to see!

CornCrazy
06-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't remember! :dunce: I'll have to go through my sent messages to see!I looked and couldn't find it. I honestly do not remember if we actually set a price or not. I'll look back a little farther to see if I can find it.

carol
06-18-2005, 06:34 PM
One of the two normals that are now out, I'll have to try and get a pic of the other... it is more "speckled". The are hard to get pics of... they aren't at all nippy, but they ain't shy either so the last thing the want to do after 2 months stuck in an egg is curl up for a nice photo.

magick-bears
06-19-2005, 04:04 AM
I have to say the more I see of some of these hybrids the more I question why it is I was against them. That little albino is a very nice looking snake. But coming from Carol I kinda think it has to be nice looking. I don't think she could produce an ugly snake even if she wanted to :)

~Jeff C.

carol
06-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Just a few more shots... for those of you waiting on these, I'll send out pics and stuff after they shed and hopefully eat!

carol
07-03-2005, 04:37 AM
They are getting more yellow! For those of you waiting on these, I'll let you know as soon as they are ready to go! Here are pics of a few, more to come!
The first two are females, the third is male

CornCrazy
07-03-2005, 06:26 AM
They are stunning, Carol!

chausies
07-07-2005, 11:18 PM
I love hybrids, and those are especially nice. I would like to know what you will be selling these for also. I might not be able to get one until next season though - I do hope you will be rebreeding these. I have a female jungle corn that looks a little like the "normals" you have, and she is possible het for albino. I am wondering what to breed her with to keep the black and yellow colors she has - one of those albinos would be super cool! Maybe I can talk hubby into "just one more"? lol.

carol
07-08-2005, 01:07 AM
I have very few of these, and some people waiting, but I'll let you know if any one backs out. Right now I am waiting for a few more to decide to eat before I even go through my contact list. But I'll keep you in mind! Thanks!

chausies
07-08-2005, 02:30 PM
no worries carol. If you don't have enough to spare this year, I'd appreciate being placed on your waiting list for the next batch of hatchlings (if you get a 2nd clutch this year or for 2006 babies.)

thanks, and have fun with the little tikes,

CornCrazy
07-08-2005, 03:31 PM
no worries carol. If you don't have enough to spare this year, I'd appreciate being placed on your waiting list for the next batch of hatchlings (if you get a 2nd clutch this year or for 2006 babies.)

thanks, and have fun with the little tikes,Well...I'm gonna butt in for Carol here and let you know she won't have anymore from this exact pairing because I bought the yellow rat female from her. I am sure she will have other awesome hybrids available, though!

chausies
07-08-2005, 03:40 PM
but thanks for letting me know!

cka
07-09-2005, 11:40 PM
I have to say the more I see of some of these hybrids the more I question why it is I was against them.

Not to beat the dead horse known as "The hybrid debate" but when you can look at an obvious cross such as these and say "Yeah, I can see why people would find them beautiful" you have reached a (albeit very low) plateau of herptitude enlightenment..............Chinggggggg............ Our forefathers said, "No Specific Mixification without Proper Representation" as they dumped English tea in the Bosto.....errrr...anyway you don't have to like them, just deal with the fact some people do......ahhhh...........chinggggggg.......

magick-bears
07-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Not to beat the dead horse known as "The hybrid debate" but when you can look at an obvious cross such as these and say "Yeah, I can see why people would find them beautiful" you have reached a (albeit very low) plateau of herptitude enlightenment..............Chinggggggg............ Our forefathers said, "No Specific Mixification without Proper Representation" as they dumped English tea in the Bosto.....errrr...anyway you don't have to like them, just deal with the fact some people do......ahhhh...........chinggggggg.......

Well I can defiantly see why others like them. I am also not against hybrids themselves per say. In fact I can see in some cities (maybe even states) where hybrids in the future may be the only legal to keep snakes :crying:

Where I have trouble with hybrids is that there is no way to keep them from being misrepresented. Most of us here know to only buy from reputable breeders but what about the general public? How do we as responsable snake owners/breeders help educate the general public?

~Jeff C.

princess
07-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Just lovely is all I have to say. I never would have thought of that combination. Hopefully the 3/4 yellow rat in them will mellow off the king snappishness. If nothing else, thy're great to look at!

Quigs
07-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Hopefully the 3/4 yellow rat in them will mellow off the king snappishness.
Speckled kings are nothing like the sterotypical kingsnake with a bad attitude. They are actually very mellow. On the flip side of that...I have seen yellow rat snakes that are very fiesty.

:shrugs:

Q