• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

????Is this ok........its a new question....

jasons corn

i Have a plant in the same room as my snakes....and one day i held them by the plant....and they hoped right in it....its a big plant....3-4 feet tall...its a schefflera ......schefflera...is that ok for the snakes....or is that posinious to them.....thanks in advance...

the best thing to do, would be to research the plant for it's toxicity. Most plants are fine for snakes as snakes won't be likely to eat the greenery. The things you need to be careful of is if the plant gives excreates a liquid that could be harmful if swollowed. Thing that would fall into this would be the sap from Cedar and Juniper.

just doing a quick search on the web came up with this website:
http://www.aspca.org/toxicplants/M01928.htm Says that you plant has a toxicity caused by calcium oxalate crystals. Now, it sounds like the animal has to ingest the plant to suffer from it, so I doubt that the snake will be harmed

That plant is also known as "dumb cane" due to it's ability to paralyze the throat areas of humans. Now while I agree that ingestion must occur, I am sure you have seen plants ooze sap, especially around recently removed leaves or prunings. Snakes taste things. I would not risk my snake on it.

Paul, don't mean to step on you, but I an 900 years old, and I got here erring on the side of caution. OK, only 50, but today feels like 900.

ok....so it is dangerous

Is there any plant i can buy for my snakes....to put in there viv so they climb in them with out hazards

brownie55 said:
Paul, don't mean to step on you, but I an 900 years old, and I got here erring on the side of caution. OK, only 50, but today feels like 900.

You didn't step on me...that would be a feat in and of itself. I know all about the caution thing, and I agree with you. but, I was going to leave the final decision up to Jason.

And, at 900 years old, I will defer to you anytime. :grin01:

can I get you your Kane so you can try and thrash me with it? ;)

I have missed talking on here. Wish work would slow down again so that I would have time to spend on here a lot.

Back