PDA

View Full Version : DENTED EGGS

DENTED EGGS

snakemanone
08-04-2002, 04:24 PM
Hi all.

A couple of my eggs have got dents in them,any sugestions fellow herpers or is it nothing to worry about.

....................STEVE.:confused:

Neil
08-04-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey,
How old are the eggs because when they get near hatching they naturally collapse a little because of the yolk being absorbed.
If they are newly hatched eggs then I see no real problem with minor denting. Is it minor? Just be aware that perfectly healthy little hatchlings have emerged from very, very strange looking eggs.
Neil

Neil
08-04-2002, 06:01 PM
Just to be on the safe side, I'd keep a close eye on the eggs, just to be sure.
Neil

snakemanone
08-04-2002, 07:26 PM
HI NEIL.

The eggs are 27days,all the rest are ok, a bit brown (moss stains) but good ,i hope,shall post pics 2morrow,thnx 4 replying.........................

..................STEVE.

Matt L
08-04-2002, 11:05 PM
Steve,
At 27 days you should not have any dents, the eggs in my experience, should be robust and turgid to the touch. It sounds like the eggs may need a little hydrating. I use a damp paper towel over the top of the sphagnum moss. When the towel dries out I replace it with a fresh one. I hope this helps.
Best of Luck!

Matt L.

snakemanone
08-10-2002, 09:01 AM
Hi all.

Here are the pics i tried to post the other day, what do you think?are they still ok..........................

Kel
08-10-2002, 03:21 PM
Doesn't look hopeful as the rest are all OK still. However, never give up hope. I agree with Neil - try bumping up the humidity and see if they plump back up in the next 2 or 3 days.

Good luck !
Kel