PDA

View Full Version : bites

bites

SnakesRus007
08-06-2002, 12:51 AM
i was just curious ...........

HomeBreeder
08-06-2002, 05:23 AM
I answered 3 or more, but it depends on how you define "bite" (no, I'm not trying to pull a W.J.C. here)

I might also have answered 1 bite, plus countless nips.

I was handling a new yearling once (described by previous owner as a little piggy) showing "him" to my wife and i got this weird sensation like my finger was stuck in a book someone was trying to close... I roll my hand over, and the little bugger has his head wrapped around the side of my 4th finger and he's trying to swallow.. my finger... sideways! It was all I could do to keep from bursting out laughing! I grabbed him behind his head and, I guess out of startlement, he let go. I must have had some rodent stink on my hand because he nearly went for a second bite (well he did, but I was paying attention this time, and prevented it.)

That's the only real BITE I've ever gotten from a herp, if you don't count a green-eyed gecko (a tokay-like gecko, which says it all) Anything else that comes close is your typical defensive "niping".

The herp that wins "most blood drawn" prize is J-Lo, my feisty Okeetee, but my wife's cats usually draw more of my blood in 2-5 minutes of play than J-Lo has altogeher.... Where she nips me I'm healed in 24 hours or less, typically. I have permanent scars from scraping with cats :)

^Curtis

little twiglet
08-06-2002, 07:33 AM
My twiglet hate my boyfriend and love biting him it so funny he is only 6 weeks old so he has only just started to be handled and he has only ever gone for me twice but my boyfriend has been bitten at least 20 times and it's so funny every time he picks him up oops there goes another finger!! :D :D

CornCrazy
08-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Only once...when I opened her hide box to find her getting ready to shed. I startled her and she bit me!