PDA

View Full Version : 1 pinkie or 2??

1 pinkie or 2??

little twiglet
08-06-2002, 08:58 AM
After i fed twig last week he seemed to stillbe hungry and didn't do his normal Homer Simpson and slob out on his log is there any harm in trying him on 2 small pinkies or will he regurgitate both of them if there isn't enough room??
I would also like to no about supliments just when breeding or on a rota basis?
Anyone Help

P.S This is such a great website Thanks so much for all your help with everything Three Cheers 4 Cornsnakes.Com Hiphip Hooray
Hiphip hooray hiphip hooray:D :D :D

Neil
08-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Hey,
How much you feed your snake depends on how fast you want it to grow. Obviously, the more you feed it the faster it will grow. I see no problem with feeding two pinkies a week because, as long as the temperature stays high enough, digestion should take place normally.
There are two ways that you can feed a hatchling. The first is to feed it one pinky twice a week ie. on Wednesdays and Saturdays, which will give enough time for digestion in between. This is my favourite method with very young snakes. However, there is one rule when using this method: After a feeding, you must make sure that the corn has defecated before feeding again.
The other way is to feed it two pinkies once a week but this is probably better for slightly older snakes of four months or older because the strain on the digestive system is slightly more.
Neil