PDA

View Full Version : Found this corn in Florida

Found this corn in Florida

zwyatt
04-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi all, I was recently on a class camping trip over spring break and while in the Cape Canaveral area we found this corn snake down in some grass near water. It was pretty docile and not defensive at all. The second pick is of an Everglades (Yellow) rat snake that fell out of a tree onto one of our picnic tables at 11:00 at night while some of us were sitting around talking. Handling these two snakes is what got me interested in having a snake as a pet. Anyways just thought I'd share

My pics were too big and I'm not sure how to downsize them but if you use these links you can see the pics

Corn Snake
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=87358210407&photoid=83462310407

Rat Snake
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=87358210407&photoid=11896632407

Indyshark
04-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Those are very cool!

JTGoff69
04-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Zach, you are lucky, most of us would give our eye teeth to find a wild corn! Looks like you brought the rat in the house, did you keep it? Nice looking snakes, both of them. :)

mbdorfer
04-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Very Nice! There is nothing like wild Florida blood!
How bad that obsoleta get ya when it fell?.........lol

zwyatt
04-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah, the corn was really awesome. As for bringing the rat in the house we were actually camping, but the only place we could find was an RV park type place and they had a laundry area that was lit up all night so we took him over there to get a better look. When he fell out of the tree he hit the end of one of the tables and then right onto the ground the closest person to the snake was about 6 feet away (b/c we had 4 tables end to end). It was really quite a fall but he didn't seem injured at all, but was a bit defensive for a few minutes when he saw so many people standing around. One of the guys on the trip who studies snakes kept him over night in his tent (in a pillow case I believe) so that we could watch him climb back up the tree in the morning. That was a really cool thing to watch!

Sisuitl
04-05-2005, 02:40 AM
That's incredible! What a blessing it is to live in a country where we have the opportunity to see things like this.

cka
04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Nice pictures...it's always sweet to see pics from the field, thanks for sharing them, Zach...