PDA

View Full Version : how often do i feed?

how often do i feed?

steprice
04-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Iv had my corn about a week now hes 8 months old, and i was advised to feed twice a week on small pinkie mice. he was last fed saturday but i am still unsure about when i should feed him next.

Until tonight he has been really mild tempered, didnt seem to mind being handled, but tonight he bit me for the first time. i was wondering whether this sudden change maybe due to hunger? i am planning to feed every wednesday and saturday. any help on this would be appreciated as im totally new to reptiles!!

:shrugs:

thanks!

OkateeManiac
04-05-2005, 06:52 PM
8 months i was told you can start eating fuzzys when they are 6 months

MegF.
04-05-2005, 07:50 PM
I would agree that an 8 month old should be on fuzzies or even hoppers unless it came from some place that only fed enough to maintain them. I feed hatchlings every 5 days until they are on fuzzies, then go to every 7 days.

KatieL
04-05-2005, 08:41 PM
I also feed my babies every 5 days. They seem to be doing really well with it, and are growing beautifully. I personally feel a 5 day minimum between feedings is the soonest I would feed...otherwise most of the time your snake will be digesting (48 hours after feeding they shouldn't be handled, which you probably already know) and there will not be as much "play time." The 5 day schedule works really well for me.

Good luck deciding on your schedule!

Edit: Oh yeah, and the biting probably wasn't due to hunger (unless your fingers smelled like mice, hehe). He probably just got a little nervous. Everyone needs a little adjustment time. :)

sherry
04-05-2005, 09:41 PM
i have a two year old corn that is on hoppers and a one year old on fuzzies, they are small though so ya it depends on the snake