PDA

View Full Version : Pinkies to fuzzies...?

Pinkies to fuzzies...?

bigpops22
04-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Today i was feeding my corns and I was proud to see that they both ate two pinkies each! Does this mean that I should upgrade my feeders to fuzzies??
Thanx! :shrugs:

pcar
04-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Yessir...

And, not to be too picky, but up in the tool bar next to the New posts links, there is a Search function. A question like this is asked almost everyday and a lot of people don't answer these because they are tired of everyone asking the same question. Please use the search and look "pinkies to fuzzies" or "switch to fuzzies"...etc.

And, I am not saying this to be an arse. just trying to pass on a little helpful info.

bigpops22
04-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Ok thanx alot!...uv helped me out alot today :D. I will try feeding them a fuzzie next feeding time :crazy02:

pcar
04-07-2005, 11:47 AM
glad that I could help. and let us know how the fuzzy feeding goes.

Rosebear
04-08-2005, 02:46 AM
My most recent experience says it depends a lot on what the vendor of the prey items perceives as "fuzzy." I have some T-Rex "fuzzies" that I believe are "hoppers," and some BCRF fuzzies that are what I expected a fuzzy to be. Obviously, I can't feed my "2 pinkies twice a week" snake a hopper just yet, but the fuzzies that arrived today would easily be appropriate. It's all in the eye of the beholder!

fergen8er
04-08-2005, 03:17 AM
I've had the same experiences; the mice on ice fuzzies are HUGE compared to the pinkies. My snake can easily handle two of the mice on ice pinkies but I don't think he could handle a fuzzy at all. I alternate feeding live and f/t and my snake couldn't care which was which he is a great feeder. But the good thing about live is you can pick out a mouse that is bigger than a pinky but not as big as a full fuzzed out fuzzy if that makes sense.

bigpops22
04-08-2005, 09:49 AM
This is true...So are u saying I should wait a bit and continue just feeding them two pinkies every feed, or should I go to a small fuzzie(medium pinky)?

pcar
04-08-2005, 10:27 AM
that all depends on how you can get your mice. If you can go to a pet store and pick out your own feeders, then you should be able to get a fuzzy that is appropriately sized for your snake. If not, then you might want to feed 2 pinks for a while, and when your snake can handle 3 then move up to a larger prey item.

bigpops22
04-08-2005, 12:38 PM
ok will do, thank you agian

ruby's dad
04-14-2005, 04:16 PM
i recently changed from pinkies to fuzzies, what i did is just bought two small fuzzies, hand picked by myself, and then just tried her, at first she just looked at it but after 20 mins she took it no probs, well she ate it backwards, but it went down, now she will take small to medium fuzzies, and looks content.
to summerise just try it, if it doesnt take it wait a few months, whats the hurry anyway..lol :shrugs:

pcar
04-14-2005, 06:24 PM
If you want to work your way up to fuzzies, you can get what they call a peach fuz. this is a pink that is just starting to get his/her hair. Will help your snake out in trying to get used to hair.

MaeglinCalaelen
04-15-2005, 03:10 AM
maybe you can switch to baby-rats