PDA

View Full Version : Signs of Stress?

Signs of Stress?

Kilojara16
08-07-2002, 10:59 PM
Is there really any signs of stress for cornsnakes?

Matt L
08-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Yes, Biting, trying to escape, and not excepting food are 3 typical signs of stress. It is advisable to leave your new snake alone for the first few days and let him/her adjust to there new surroundings.

slick
08-10-2002, 04:07 PM
i baught a cornsnake 4 days ago and i really doubt it sleeps at night coz its spends all night tryin to climb up to escape i have no idea wat to do and during daytime it jsut stays in the corner curls around in circles ..

bmm
08-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Your new cornsnake is acting just like.....a cornsnake!!!

Nothing to worry about! Your baby is perfectly healthy! Healthy, active corns are out all night looking to escape, eat, exercise, etc and they hide all day long just like you described. Nothing to worry about!

bmm

snakemanone
08-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Hey slick

welcome to THE site for answers,just a thought, have you put in any hides for your snake (at least one) they like to hide during the day it makes them feel safe..............

..................................STEVE.:D

slick
08-10-2002, 08:11 PM
snakemanone

well i just placed a hide it seems to like it but do i have to place 2?? i have 1 in the warm side and nothin in the cold side do i have to place one in the cold side?? and does ligh intensity affect it by any chance??? and wen do i turn the light off >>>?? and do i have to keep the heating pad on 24-7 please answer these questions thank u

GinnyO
08-11-2002, 12:48 AM
Hi Slick - Most of the people here have much more experience and knowledge than I, but here's what I do. I do have 2 hides - one in the warm side and one in the cool, but my snake is almost always in the cool side. My heating pad is on all of the time, but it covers less than half of the bottom of the tank (on the outside). I don't have a special light, and my snake loves the dark: She comes right out as soon as the lights go down. Hope this helps! Ginny

jjunner
08-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Well my room is pretty well lit and i found a spot in my room to put my cage so the sunlight comes through just at dusk to it isn't too strong. He loves it at that time. I don't use a light at all. all natural. lol