• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help please

wheeler78

sheba my snow corn is weird she only becomes active if i hold her and when she is active she tries to get out of her tank. i don't hold her that offten because i have a ton of tings to do. is this normal or what she has been know to just hind behind a rock for like 3 or 4 days before moving to some where ealse.

Well, every corn has it's own personality; I have some that spend days at a time curled up under their water bowls. Others like to keep any eye on what's going on outside their cage. I wouldn't get too concerned.

Reptiles tend to go through personality shifts as they age, but also with the seasons. Other changes in attitude are usually the result of stress or illness.

My corns get much more active when I handle them - I think mostly because they go into explore mode with all the sensory input...

^Curtis

Hey Wheeler,
Corn snakes are nocturnal, so while you are asleep Sheba is probably boogying all over the tank.
I have 25 snakes and I would say about half remain in hiding while the lights are on.
A handfull are out and about while the lights are still on.
There are a few that will come out as soon as I turn the lights on. If I am near to the tank will climb the branch to the top and if I open it will actually climb on my arm .
They are all different in the way they behave.
I hope that this helps,
Jimmy C.

ok thanks guys she's out playing on the limbs right now i think like you said that she comes out and plays when i take her out and walk her around some. it can't really hurt her to take her otu and walk her around some right? i thnik i do this more offten so she's happy and playfull.

well that is a snakes whole purpose in life is to find a way out.but not to us.did u ever think you just need to sit an look ay her and then pick her up slowly.

Back