PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a bit hopeless but...

I know this is a bit hopeless but...

Fairy_of_insanity
04-22-2005, 11:27 AM
i lost my baby... I don't know how old he is but he's 14" long. I know he is within this house somewhere but I've been unable to locate him. I put two pinks out for him in the upstairs hallway. I haven't been able to find him since yesterday. Basically, I don't know how likely it is I'll find him but any help at all would be wonderful. I was also wondering how long he can last without food. I have been feeding him once every 4 or 5 days. his last feeding was 6 days ago. I'm really worried and any info. you can give me would be greatly apreciated.

peep_827
04-22-2005, 01:00 PM
this is not hopeless! Lots of people find lost snakes. Concentrate your search close to where you lost him, they usually don't go far. Remember that a tiny baby could squeeze into a very small space, and don't forget to look up, they can climb. Remember that a baby snake's first inclination will be to HIDE. There are some other tricks for capturing escapees, but I will let more knowledable people handle that, just thought I'd give you some tips til you get better advice, tho hopefully you will find your baby and not need it.

KRIZ
04-22-2005, 01:15 PM
I have read that you can cut of the top of a soda bottle and invert, then put in into the base upside down, put a mouse in there, the aim is for the mouse to be eaten, and the bulge in the snakes stomach to stop it getting out, a few of these placed around the house will help t catch it, you can also put flower in the door of each room, so you can see where abouts he is,

hope i could help :)

and good luck in finding him, some people have gone months without seeing their snakes so dont lose hope!

moreptiles
04-22-2005, 01:35 PM
There have been numerous posts on how to find lost snakes, but here is what my experience has been. Remember that corns are basically nocturnal, so they are more likely to be up and about at night than during the day. They also move more when the temperatures are right. So make sure it is fairly warm in your house ( temps in mid to upper 70's) and turn out all of the lights in the early evening. Then about midnight get a flashlight and go all over looking for the snake. If you don't find it, then do the same thing either a couple hours later or the next night. You can also sprinkle flour on the floors and look for snake trails in the flour (I have personally never tried that one). You should eventually find your snake (80% or better odds).

Mark

SunnyDelight
04-22-2005, 04:11 PM
the flour is a good idea because it will give you directionallity. when the flower is smudged you will know which direction your missing snake has trevelled and may help you narrow your search. good luck!!!! :idea:

MegF.
04-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Check the search feature. There are a myriad of threads on lost snakes and how to find them. Good luck and don't give up. People find them after long periods and they've done fine.