PDA

View Full Version : Update on Speckled King X Albino Yellow Rat Project

Update on Speckled King X Albino Yellow Rat Project

carol
04-26-2005, 01:00 AM
I bred my male Albino Yellow Rat X Speckled King hybrid to his full sibling, and also bred him to a female Albino Yellow Rat.

Strangely enough, they both layed today, 9 eggs from the Hybrid female and 6 from the Yellow Rat. I expect 1/4 of the offspring from the Hybrids to be Albino and 1/2 from the Yellow Rat to be Albino. Should be interesting to see what they look like compared with one another.

The Hybrid looks kind of mean in that second shot, but they are really very mellow. He is not going to strike, like it looks. He was just curious about the camera.

LukeH
05-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Nice hybrids. It will be interesting to see the f2's and also the 3/4 yellows will look like. Please remember me when you get hatchlings.

LukeH

carol
09-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Latest Update. I got the last of the 3/4 Yellow Rat, 1/4 Speckled Kings eating. Wooo Hooo! I had one female finally figure out that this world isn't so scary(last one pictured). She would strike not stop at the sides of her clear deli cup everytime I entered the room. She was always way too stressed out to eat. With a lot of patience and "leaving her alone", I have been able to get her to the point where I can change her water and paper towels with out being bit. This week she finally took her second meal. Kind of funny, she was the only real "aggressive/defensive" one and she looks very different from all the others. :shrugs:

Joni Garcia
09-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Wow, gorgeous little ones. I especially love that fiesty little one. She's a gem with a beautiful pattern and coloring.

lefty_mussolini
09-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Any idea what the price tag on these little beauties is gonna be???

jbkd
09-26-2005, 10:44 AM
If you do plan to sell, I would interested in one also for my hybrid projects. :sidestep:

carol
09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
The only one still available is the "normal" female, but I am trying to switch her to f/t before she goes. I'll probably ask around $100 for her but I have one or two persons on a waiting list, but you never know, people change their mind a lot!