• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Two questions

tschofie

Hey guys,

I've read lots about brumination, but how likely is it that a pair
of corns would breed without cooling off? I'm not terribly
interested in babies anywhere in the near future -- if a pair
of adults were kept under summer-day-length lighting, in
a consistantly warm tank, am I 90% "safe"? 95? Less?

Also, some of the talk about putting two males in with a
female (not, presumeably, at the same time) has me
scratching my head. How do you predict the prodegeny if
two males bred the same female? Is the second male most
likely to father the clutch, or the first? Does it matter how
long the second male was put in the tank after the first
one finished? Do 1/2 the hatchlings turn out with father 1,
and half with father number 2? Or is it always a random
mix?

What about three males?

Hmm. That might be more than two questions. Ah, well --
thanks for your time and patience.

Cheers,
TS

Some corns breed without a brumation period, some don't; it varies a lot from snake to snake. If you don't want babies DON'T house a male and a female together.

If you mate a female with more than one male you can't predict anything. This method is usually used by hobbyists who aren't bothered about what genes they get. Double clutches often occur when more than one male is used. After the first male has been mated then you normally allow a few days before another mating occurs.

Neil

Last edited:
Back