PDA

View Full Version : Found Mr. Attitude

Found Mr. Attitude

suzanne
05-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Well my daughter found my snake last night. He was fighting the cat in the hallway. He has a small scrape on his head but otherwise looks fine. How long should I wait until I feed him? He hasn't eaten in three weeks, had been refusing his last couple of feeds. He is pretty weak, and hopefully will do ok. I am just glad that we found him. :)

princess
05-03-2005, 07:06 AM
First priority, give him water. If you have some broad spectrum antiseptic cream, that should be step 2.

When he's been settled back in for 24 hours, I'd say give him a small meal.

It might be an idea to keep him on paper towels until the scrape heals to prevent an infection setting in.

I'm glad he's back!

MegF.
05-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Fighting the cat huh? Powerful critter there! No wonder you call him Mr. Attitude :)

suzanne
05-05-2005, 07:35 AM
He has little snake syndrome! And the cat hasn't learned her lesson either, she is over there right now, trying to bat at him thru his cage. He still hasn't eaten, I have tried him twice. He seems to be moving around his cage and doing ok.

Sisuitl
05-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Has the cat always had access to his cage? Maybe he's stressed out by her and that's why he won't eat? You could try wrapping a towel around his cage to give him some more privacy.

Sisuitl
05-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Oh yeah, (I wish this would let me edit posts) anyway, have you tried braining his food? You just take a pin and poke a hole in the mouse head, or split it wide open with a knife. Many stubborn eaters can't resist the smell of freshly thawed warm mouse brains.

suzanne
05-06-2005, 07:58 AM
The cat has always had access to his cage, but we watch her really close when we are in the room. At night she is supposed to be either in my daughter's room or the bathroom. But that night my daughter forgot. I have brained his mice, and even cut one in two thinking he might eat the head. I have left him alone for the last couple of days, and am gonna try to feed him again today.