PDA

View Full Version : Budding herper finds corn snake in Lakeland

Budding herper finds corn snake in Lakeland

crossmen
05-04-2005, 12:21 AM
My father is funny and lucky. They have a place in Lakeland, FL where they spend the winter. My folks stop by my place on the way back home every year :sidestep: . My dad says we saw a snake behind our place before we left that was really cool. It was orange and red with some black in it, I almost brought it to you because I know you and Dave (my son) like snakes, but your mom wouldn't let me. Me son pipes up I bet it was a corn snake like mine grandpa, my father who knows everything said NAAAA I 've seen your snake and this was much larger (like size matters) :twoguns: . So my son marches upstairs to retrieve Fuerte his normal and scares the crap out of my mom as he brings it to the table. :eek:

My father say yea that it exactly!! :blowhead: Duh!! Some guys have all the luck but now my son wants to schedule our trip to Florida for after Easter so we can go herpin at Grandpas.

So I'll be in Florida next spring lookin under all the mobile homes in the park lookin for creepy crawlies. YAHOO :grin01:

cowboyman13
05-04-2005, 08:05 AM
thats cool. I work in lakeland, FL right now. I am building a big ol mall out around the polk Pky. I have seen cottonmouths, Some slider turtles, about 9 wild hogs, countless birds and gators but no corns yet. I keep looking. where surrond by wetlands and woods.

CrazyCorn
05-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I am in Port St. Lucie, FL and I have seen about 6 corns so far and over 50 snakes since January 1st. I hit up the roads and fields about twice a week. If anyone would like we could meet up sometime and do some herping here in Florida.