PDA

View Full Version : spine?

spine?

Anazazia
05-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Does anyone have pictures of what a snake would look like if their spine were showing? People keep mentioning it, and I've never seen it before so I was wondering what to look for.

My little seems fine, but then last week he regurged again (I should learn to knock on wood when I talk about it.) I've fed him again, (after waiting ten days) the teeny tinyest mouse i could find, with actually isn't much bigger than the heads of the other pinkies that I had been giving him. Anyway, he ate it and passed it no problem. He's grown three inches in the two months I've had him according to the serpwidgets measurer, and he's gotten much more muscular and heavier, but after this regurge seemed to be a little lighter. He's active as soon as I turn my lights off, I see him drinking, and he never has a problem eatting. I can't get a vet appointment at a herp vet for another week or so. His temps are where they're supposed to be, and he's on Aspen. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something obvious. He hasn't shed yet, and when he regurged the mouse had become twice as long and thinned itself out and I was wondering if anyone had experienced that before?

princess
05-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Could just be the way he's growing. A young snake that has a good amount of meat on it shouldn't have a prominent spine. Take it easy with increasing feeds after the regurge. Re-establish his tummy first and then you can start to get his weight on.

The regurge could have been from parasite problems????? That could also cause a regurge. If you get a fecal sample, the vet can screen that for bugs...just an idea.