PDA

View Full Version : I need help!!

I need help!!

john815
08-11-2002, 02:45 AM
about 2 months ago my corn snake laid eggs. tonight two of them hatched but the rest isn't hatching. should i leave them alone of open them up? this is my first time with this. any help would be great. thanks.

SilverTongue
08-11-2002, 03:30 AM
I have not bred yet, so i am not a pro at all, but do not open the eggs I have heard it can take up to a week for them to all open.
I dont recomend it but some people will put a lil puncture into the egg to make it easier for the snakes to get out, but it would be to easy to hurt them. you can candel them to see if they are still alive, but other then that I know no more. Dont panic though. GL with your babies!

john815
08-11-2002, 03:36 AM
i forgot to add the two that hatched have this little thing right before the tail starts. it looks like a tube of some sort with a sack at the end. anyone know what this is and when it will go away?

SilverTongue
08-11-2002, 03:40 AM
That is an yoke sack DO NOT TOUCH! DO NOT MOVE ok it is firmly attached and if mishandled it will rip their stomach right out its bellybutton hole. Just leave them alone when they have absoarbed all the yoke it will mostlikely fall off.

john815
08-11-2002, 06:21 AM
ok thanks for your help

Neil
08-11-2002, 06:39 AM
Yeah, eggs hatch at different times, often with a couple of days in between. It would be a bit weird if they all hatched out at exactly the same time. And, like Lisa said, it is very important to leave the yolk sack alone.
Neil