PDA

View Full Version : Buying eggs

Buying eggs

viper101
08-11-2002, 01:33 PM
how do you probe a hatchling?

Neil
08-11-2002, 02:10 PM
An inexperienced keeper shouldn't. It should ONLY be done by people who know what they are doing ie. knowledgeable breeders and reptile vets.

SilverTongue
08-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Yes, do not try on your own w//o someone showing you how. It is too easy to hurt them and they weill never get to reproduce.

Matt L
08-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Viper,
I'm slightly hesitant to reply, but the purpose of this sight is to gain knowledge. Most hatchlings can be "popped". This procedure works well on snakes up to about 12-15", however it should not be tried without someone who has experience. I "pop" all my hatchlings after their first shed, the results are accurate. After being taught the procedure, it is really quite simple, but please for your snakes sake, get help first.

Best of Luck!

Matt L.

CornCrazy
08-13-2002, 08:49 PM
I've noticed several posts by you, Viper, and your subject doesn't seem to match your post in most of them. Why??? It's very misleading. Please learn to use this forum properly. If you wanted to ask about probing hatchlings, then you should have title your post, "How do I probe hatchlings?" What does buying eggs have to do with your question?

Now to answer your question...I agree that you shouldn't probe a hatchling unless you get experience first. A person I know suggested that I learn on dead snakes...sounds a little gross, I know. But if you have any that don't survive, or if you happen upon a wild snake that has just been hit by a car :( then try on those. Never try on a healthy living hatchling. It would also be helpful if you can find someone to teach you the correct way to do it.

Good luck!

kris (UK)
08-14-2002, 06:16 AM
. . . get an experienced vet to pop the hatchling . . . you could end up doing some serious damage to a lil snake if anything was to go wrong!!

KRIS