PDA

View Full Version : Pinkie Problems

Pinkie Problems

Raxen
05-13-2005, 11:15 AM
I just checked on my pinkies, and they all have white blotches on them, is it because they're frozen? is it still okay to feed the snake them?

zwyatt
05-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Sounds like it's freezer burn. They get white spots when the skin dries out. I've read a few threads about this on here. Most people say to go ahead and feed them that the nutritional value is still okay. Others don't like the idea. So I guess it is kind of personal preference. I personally wouldn't feed them unless I had no other option, but that's just me. I know I don't eat meat that has freezer burn! But you can always check out the other threads: I did a search for freezer burn and white spots.

MegF.
05-14-2005, 12:52 AM
I've fed mine pinkies with some freezer burn and never had a problem. It's mostly the outer skin, not internal organs that are affected.

oldhand
05-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Mine have eaten them also without a problem, but to avoid it i now wrap the mice/chicks i use in a paper towel in a bag in a freezer box. As long as the snake(s) are eating though and the mice are ok appart from the "whte spots" everthing should be ok.