PDA

View Full Version : Hypo questions

Hypo questions

Horridus
08-12-2002, 11:41 AM
Sorry if this has already been addressed here, I could not find anything using the search feature. Has the new strain of Hypomelanism (love, sunkissed, sunkist, hypo B) been combined with either of the Anerythristic strains (A or charcoal)? If so is there any difference in appearance compared to a regular Ghost? Also are there any characteristics which will define the two strains of hypo if they are produced in a single clutch? If the 1:16 snake is produced from a double het breeding (Hypo A & B) would it's appearance be any different? My guess is not but I can always hope. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Horridus (Bart)

Kat
08-12-2002, 05:07 PM
From what I understand, the only animals with Hypo B you'll find out there are the Sunkissed Okeetees, and animals which are het for hypo B. The gene is relatively new, and so there are no double-homozygous combinations yet. Give it a few years.

Horridus
08-13-2002, 09:52 AM
I will hopefully be producing the double homozygous animals next year from my double hets. I thought that Mrs. Love or Mr. Zuchowski would have a considerable head start on me as according to his site he produced a few litters of double hets prior to this year. Its nice to know I may be in on something new in it's infancy although I have a feeling that other than being able to tell hypo from het there will be no way to tell hypo A from B. But I can always hope that the combination will produce some "super duper hypo special" corn. I also hope that combining the new form of hypo with Anerytherism A and a new strain (which is probably compatible with A) that I obtained from a wild caught gravid female will produce some neat looking ghosts. Thanks for the photo, gives me something to look forward to!