PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! my snakes....thing....is HUGE!

HELP!! my snakes....thing....is HUGE!

BabyBlueEyes
05-23-2005, 06:54 PM
omg you guys i need help! 2 days ago i decided to check up on my snakes and took out my female as she is getting ready to lay another batch of eggs (she may be pregnant again) when i noticed her anus i think thats what you call it LOL, it is swollen and infected looking, it also has a little bit of dried blood and it looks like a piece of her tissue has been ripped off and has dried over time. While i was examinning it i noticed a horrible smell...... somethings not right! i have pictures to show you all. Now what i want to know, what can i do to help her before i take her to the vet aleast to make her feel better. i dont know what caused this and want to know as fast as i can, so please if any of you have had this happen before please give me details! im so sad i dont want to loose her!! please help! :shrugs: :eek1: :cry: :cry:

BabyBlueEyes
05-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Here are the pics!

BabyBlueEyes
05-23-2005, 06:59 PM
last pic didnt fit so here it is

carol
05-24-2005, 12:15 AM
That definately looks like it deserves a vet trip to me! I'd try and get her seen asap.

unearthed_alz
05-24-2005, 03:41 PM
hey.you say that the snake might be pregnant again.so could this have happened during the first clutch of eggs?

BabyBlueEyes
05-24-2005, 04:04 PM
no it couldnt have i just noticed this 3 days ago.... well i was in the chat lastnight and a lot of people gave me advice and did as i was told... give her warm soaks and wrap the infected area with a warm towel for 10-15 mins and add neosporin. Well i did just that and things are looking MUCH better! the swelling has gone away and theres not that much of infected area left i will post pics! if she gets even better by tomorrow i wont take her to the vet but if things get worse again i will take her asap!

P.S
the last pic shows her little hospital bed i have her in, she slept in there last night and shes lovin it

unearthed_alz
05-24-2005, 06:09 PM
lol.that is cute!your right it looks so much better and definatrly not as sore.hope all goes well.

Susan
05-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Glad to hear she's doing better! Keep up the TLC and please keep us posted!

A_Mc
05-26-2005, 11:05 PM
She looks much better!! I am curious what the vet has to say....Keep us posted on how she's doing!!!

MegF.
06-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Any updates on your snake Baby Blue Eyes?