• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what do you call..

john815

i have a female snow corn and a male alibno corn.. they had babies and i got these snakes that look like albino but are very lite in color but from about the tail down they look like snow corns. anyone know what i would call these corns?

Weird..... lol

:D

J/K i have no idea... do you have such a snake? if so.... maybee you should post a picture!

i can have pictures tommorrow, the six that hatched all look about the same except some are darker then others. is this normal to have the babies look like that?

They're most likely amelanistic corns that will get darker colors as they mature. There is a GREAT DEAL of variability in amels, but if they are red, white, and yellow or orange to any degree with no black markings they're amels. Like I say, they'll probably get darker as they grow up.

Have fun with them!

i forgot to say that the female snow corn has a scale with a little blotch of red, i don't know if that would have anything to do with what the babies look like i thought i would just add that in.

as with most corns, they get darker with each shed. amels start really light, but their red blotches get really dark and their orange/ yellow backgrouns turn really bright!!

KRIS

yES I agree with Darin and Kris... Amels usually do come out lighter color... they especially get whiter at the tale... this is becuase there isnt alot of room for the background colors to show... but like Darin said they are most most most definantly Amels that probably have a slightly lighter color to them... this is Absolutly common and normal... Have fun though!

Back