PDA

View Full Version : mean snakes

mean snakes

deedee
08-13-2002, 08:37 PM
A while ago, I moved my female cornsnake into an all clear housing unit. It was a little bigger than her old one. She seemed really nervous, so I went to move her back and when I did she bit me.

Now that she's back in her old house, she still seems nervous and everytime I lift the lid up she tries to bite me right away.

I've never been bit by a snake before this, so maybe I'm just being paranoid. Or could it be something else?

What should I do?

This has been going on for about 2 weeks now.

Neil
08-13-2002, 08:59 PM
How old is your snake?
It might just be a phase, however stupid that might sound. One of my snakes seems to have 'mood swings' every now and again and it could be for any number of reasons. Do you smell of food? The clear cage might have played a part because snakes don't usually like clear glass or plastic- it makes them feel open and vulnerable a lot of the time. Also, each snake has it's own personality which can change over time. I would probably leave her alone for a while and try holding her in a couple of weeks. She may just be stressed. Keep an eye on her, just in case. Good luck.
Neil

Jr Nimeskern
08-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Sometimes if corns are in some sort of pain they will be very defensive... maybe she just has a really huge turd the she needs to get ride of... when I moved my female corn from a 10gal to a rubbermaid she had more room also... I think the rubbermaids might stress them out... becuase she started to bight me also... I just keep taking her out each day... and after a while she quite stricking at me... shes not the best snake I have but shes alot better...

deedee
08-14-2002, 04:51 PM
yeah she was always alert, but only tried to bite me once before this.

I think she's the equivelant of a teenager, so maybe she's just going through a rebellios teenage phase. haha. I caught her trying to sneak out a few days ago.