PDA

View Full Version : I got my first corn snake!

I got my first corn snake!

bullfrog
08-14-2002, 02:34 AM
Hey guys i just went into San Fransisco today to get my corn snakes .... yes i said snakes. One male and one female. They have been housed together thier whole lives and are about 4 years old. They are adults and are beautiful! The female is a Amel and the male is a normal corn. I dont want to take pictures of them right now because i am guessing they are stressed because of thier new enviroment. Also about 3 hours after i got them hoe and all setup the female laid an egg!! And there are more on the way because i can see then in her tummy. Tomorrow me and my parents are going to go get the supplies and incubate the eggs. Luckly the guy gave me 2 corn snake books too so i know how to care for the eggs..... so after tons of research i finally got not one but 2 corn snakes! When they get used to thier new home and they eat thier first meal with me ill snap some pictures. Imma run to petco on thursday and get 2 feeder adult mice for them .... i cant wait to see them eat. I love em!

kenster
08-14-2002, 02:41 AM
congrats! Nothing better than 2 snakes instead of one, and a gravid female to boot, sounds like you got one heck of a deal!! Hope you get those eggs in an incubator soon, or remember to keep them humid or they will dry out (from what i read, never had a snake lay eggs YET) and remember NOT to flip them over..Anyway good luck with them, and the snakes too

Katie
08-14-2002, 08:14 AM
Hrm. So perhaps as many as 20 + snakes for the price of 2?? Good deal!!! Lol. Like kenster said, make sure you know how to care for the eggs properly. There are plenty of threads about that in the breeding section, do a search and you should get some helpful hints!

Simon
08-14-2002, 03:06 PM
Good deal
and congrants on the new snakes

CORNSANDMORE
08-14-2002, 03:52 PM
72 CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

SilverTongue
08-14-2002, 04:11 PM
Gratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

bullfrog
08-14-2002, 04:43 PM
I have a question. At night do snakes like total darkness? I have a blacklight i might be able to use but it gets pretty hot. Thanks

SilverTongue
08-14-2002, 04:52 PM
I think a REAL black light does NOT get hot. Go to the petstore there are two type of night lights avaiable. Red and blue/black. Red does not interfer with their night habits and it is VERY bright and you can see them very well. The blue/black you can not see anything. Well I only had a 60 watt so I could be wrong. But I love the red light :)

bullfrog
08-16-2002, 12:41 AM
Hey guys ... i just fed the male and it was freakin amazing! The way it unhinged its jaw was just awsome! When we stunned the mouse it took about 5 good hard flicks to the head .... but then it just woke up. So my dad just said screw it and snapped it in the head with a ruler. Instant death. The female is still laying eggs (she wont eat) so i have a pet mouse for the next 24 hours! I dont know if ill be able to kill it though ... its so cute and i think im getting attached. But i guess i just have to.

SilverTongue
08-16-2002, 02:29 AM
I know what ya mean I actually am raising mice to breed. So I can steal the newborns and feed them to my snakes. Man this will be tough:(