PDA

View Full Version : Skin drying out???

Skin drying out???

crunkmasterflex
06-06-2005, 05:19 PM
alright so i bought a big plastic container to keep my male corn in for the mean time so he doesn't make my female pregnant again and i used that dirt stuff and i didnt' have enough time to let the dirt dry out fully so it was pretty wet and i know he doesn't like being in there because its so humid i could see water all on the sides well i took him out and put him back with teh female to let the dirt dry out and i noticed on the top of his body by his head the skin was really dry or something. It's all rough and not smooth what does this mean did he just wedge himself into something well his skin is peeling upward away from the direction the rest of his scales are. When i touch him there he moves away as if it hurts him and when i look up closely it looks like something is on it.. what is going on??? does he need lotion or something

MegF.
06-07-2005, 12:51 AM
He could be blistered from excessive moisture. The Cornsnake manual recommends removing excess water and offering only small drinking basins. Treat with Silvadine cream or I would think something like neosporin cream or in serious cases, a vet may need to be consulted.

crunkmasterflex
06-08-2005, 12:15 PM
well i tried looking for silvadine or how ever you spell it and apparently here in northern cali you have to have a prescription to get some so im trying some neosporin so i hope that works.

DaemoNox
06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
I'd also suggest to get rid of that moist substrate and use paper towel for him at least while he's healing, and still keep him seperate from the female. If you dont see much of an improvement dont hesitate taking him to a vet. Too much moisture for too long is not good for corns.

MegF.
06-08-2005, 07:57 PM
well i tried looking for silvadine or how ever you spell it and apparently here in northern cali you have to have a prescription to get some so im trying some neosporin so i hope that works.

I'm sorry, I should have told you it was prescription. Some people have it laying around from other animals. We use it on the horses quite often.