PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

a few questions

john815
08-14-2002, 03:15 PM
i have a snow corn snake and it has a little blotch of red on one of its scales. it has been there it whole life. anyone know what this means? it has laid eggs before and none of the babies look like a snow corn. it was breed with an alibino corn. any ideas why, i don't understand the genetics of them and if someone could try to explain it or knows a site that does it would be alot of help.

Neil
08-14-2002, 04:11 PM
http://www.serpwidgets.com/cornsnakes/Genetics/genetics.html

Jr Nimeskern
08-14-2002, 05:50 PM
Hi John... Im not sure about your coloration of your corn maybe you should put up a pic of her so we can be sure that she is a snow... but what it sounds like to me that she is a snow for the main fact that... A snow has 2 genes combined to make snow they are Anery A, and Amel... When you breed your corn to the "Albino" you got probably all Amel's (which are pretty much red white and orange?)
When you say Albino that can confuse people because anything that is lacking a pigment is Albino... Amel's are Albino since they lack the Black pigment hence making them all red and white... Anery A's are Albinos because they lack reds and thats why they are Black white, and brown... and so on... but did your babys turn out red or black?
I hope I helped you a little... sorry if I confused you... and if you want a through class on Genetics look at serpwidgets site listed above this reply...

Simon
08-14-2002, 09:06 PM
well I am not a genetic wiz either....
but snow is amel x anery at the same time
so breeding a snow and an amel together will result in
amels het anyers....haha
something like that...

Jr Nimeskern
08-14-2002, 10:25 PM
Yes that would be the full genetic background of the corns if you mated a Snow with a Amel... all will be Amels het for Snow... but I was refurring to the phenotype of the corns... :D