PDA

View Full Version : Prices

Prices

kenalotia
04-07-2002, 04:05 PM
I went into a local pet store the other day to buy some supplies, and saw that they were selling a normal corn for $60! It appeared to be a small '01 hatchling. I know pet stores have to sell them for more than breeders do, but does this seem like an absurdly high price for one small normal to anyone else?

Just curious.

K

Missymonkey
04-07-2002, 04:13 PM
yes! you can order on and it would still be less with shipping,.. look online,.. however, you may not find alot right now because itisn't prime corn season...I would look around some more I am sure you'll find a better deal

kenalotia
04-07-2002, 04:16 PM
I wasn't planning to buy the corn in the store. I went in to get a new heat bulb, and just went by to look at their snakes. I've looked online before, and the normals usually went for $15-20. I've seen bloodreds listed at $60 on breeder's websites. That's why this one little normal for $60 seemed so ridiculous to me. It seemed really high even for a pet store.

K

CornsnakeKeeper
04-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Yes. But, if someone wants it bad enough, then they'll buy it. I paid 50$ for my first normal at a local pet store. Great snake. I didn't know much about genetics at the time, though.

Iris
04-07-2002, 06:36 PM
yeah i saw a male miami at a pet shop in my neighborhood and i asked about it (for fun..kind of to "test" the employees there) Luckily that particular employee knew some stuff about corns. he didn't tell me to feed it crickets lol like some stories i've heard...
but it was 50 dollars. not as overpriced as that normal you were talking about but still...on Kathy Love it's 35 and on serpenco too.

kenalotia
04-07-2002, 07:49 PM
You know the weird thing about the $60 corn in that store? I've seen other corns in the same store - I like to take a look whenever I'm there. They hadn't had any for awhile, but back in the summer/fall, they were only $30 or $40 I think. Maybe their rationale is that it's harder to get corns now, since they all hatch in late summer, so they double the price. :rolleyes: I'd much rather wait until the new hatchlings come along. (Not that I plan to buy one from the pet store.)

K

nicky
04-07-2002, 08:36 PM
Stores totaly of price corns for example my corn I didn't buy em my mum did for christmas so i couldn't point out how she was beeing rippred off but she bought my little baby for $90! He's a normal. I was so surprised but I couldn''t do anything about it. A snake over $70 isn't worth it unless it's real high quality.