PDA

View Full Version : Regurge

Regurge

mbdorfer
06-14-2005, 09:08 AM
This isn't really a question, merely an observation. My 03 female anery regurged 2 days after her last meal. This is the first time she has ever regurgitated. I have always heard that you would know a regurge by the smell.Until now I've only had hatchlings regurge and it didn't smell that bad, but this time..... :-puke01: holy smoke! did that stink! She had been eating small adult mice for about 6 feedings and 3 weeks ago she refused to eat. The next day I gave her 2 fuzzies and she ate with no problem. I continued with fuzzies for 2 more feedings and this last time I moved her up to a hopper.
She has never been fond of being handled and I had her outside for about 20 minutes before feeding her. So I'm thinking this was a stress related regurge.
But I'm keeping an eye on her for strange behavior etc. :cheers:

A_Mc
06-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Isn't it amazing just how bad the stink is??? I'm subjected to all kinds of nasty smells @ work, but a regurg has to be one of the worst smells around. :sidestep: That's why I find it kind of hard to understand when there is a post like: 'I think my snake regurged, but I'm not sure.' That is a pretty distinctive stench, IMHO. I wonder if the stinkiness depends on the length of time it's in the gut?? :shrugs:
BTW... Hope your girl is feeling better!!!

jazzgeek
06-14-2005, 11:49 AM
I wonder if the stinkiness depends on the length of time it's in the gut?? :shrugs: That's been my experience. I just got a shipment of 4 BCCs from a vendor about 3 weeks ago, ALL sickly (two with RIs, two with stomatitis). ALL regurged their first feeding (5 days after delivery) - times of regurge varied from 2 hours to a day and a half after eating, and the funk was directly proportional to the time spent in the gut.

Sorry to drift :-offtopic .........Mike, I hope it all works out for ya and your anery.

regards,
jazz

mbdorfer
06-14-2005, 11:59 AM
No worrys Dale, I'm a drifter from way back :grin01:
Thanks, she seems fine, she'll have plenty of time to recoop as she's about due to start a shed cycle :cheers:

lefty_mussolini
06-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I remember my first regurge. Before I saw it in the cage (but after smelling it) I thought a feeder had gotten loose and died in my room.

mbdorfer
06-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Yep! That's what it smelled like........Death :-puke01:

PtDnsr
06-14-2005, 04:30 PM
I have to seal regurges in a ziplock before I even move it two feet. It's picked up by an inside out ziplock and then sealed shut. In other news more of my snakes have been regurging because of shedding (they dont fully digest and then regurge before they shed). Talk about odd. I'm not taking the chances and the three yearlings that are in the blue this week didn't get food. Good luck with your girl!

~Katie