PDA

View Full Version : EEK!!!!!

EEK!!!!!

Kilojara16
08-15-2002, 09:14 PM
How many of you prepare frozen mice in the kitchen? I did that the other day and my mom flipped out. "You didn't put it on the counter did you?! I want you to disfect the counter! And the scissors too! Prepare your mice in the garage from now on!" She didn't yell, but she was upset. Do frozen mice really carry any dieases or is my mom being paranoid?

Neil
08-15-2002, 09:27 PM
They shouldn't carry any 'nasties' unless they had them when they were alive (which shouldn't be the case). However, I still think you should wipe down the work-surface after preparing the mice. My mum isn't like that, instead, she gets all soppy-looking and says "ohhh, it's so sad- they look like they're sleeping". Perhaps I shouldn't let my mum see in the future.

Simon
08-15-2002, 10:48 PM
Welll.....it seems kind of weird doing it in there....I mean it's a place where you want it as clean as possible I mean since, it's a place where your food is prepared....
so I wouldn't do it in the kitchen....LOL...

Kilojara16
08-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Actually, the mice didn't even touch the counter, but I cleaned it anyways. But I won't be thawing mice there anymore, which isn't a problem, but she acted like they were diseased. :rolleyes: My mom wants me to get my own little freezer to put the mice in my room.

Iris
08-16-2002, 12:11 AM
if you mean one of those little refrigerators with the little freezer box, they don't work well at ALL. I had to keep frozen pinkies in one of them once and within an hour all of them got partially thawed. THey were still cold but mushy.

My mom is like that too! She hates the mice more than the snakes. We have a fridge in the kitchen and one in the basement and she insists I keep the mice the basement one. Wrapped in 3 layers of plastic bags.
The snakes have their special mug with mice drawn on it and I bring that down with me, put the mice in, bring it back upstairs, go to the kitchen and put the hot water in the cup, and put the cup in my room where my snakes are while I wait for them to thaw completely.

Maybe you shouldn't let your mom see you preparing the mice. After all, you want her to let you get more snakes in the future, right?? :D So don't let her see anything that she won't like.:)