PDA

View Full Version : First Time Feeding

First Time Feeding

Ocelot
07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey guys, some of you may know me, I'm the guy asking all the questions about my new Corn Snake ;). Well I have more questions I'm afraid :D. This time its about feeding!

I am going to feed it tomorrow. It is about 3 months old. The pet shop owner was feeding it 3 pinkies a week. Would you feed the same or different?

Should I feed it in a seperate area? Like a shoe box? If so, how would I get it back in without making it regurgitate?

Oh and a little off topic but, how often does it poop? He hasn't yet.....

Thanks ;)

PtDnsr
07-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey guys, some of you may know me, I'm the guy asking all the questions about my new Corn Snake ;). Well I have more questions I'm afraid :D. This time its about feeding!

I am going to feed it tomorrow. It is about 3 months old. The pet shop owner was feeding it 3 pinkies a week. Would you feed the same or different?

Should I feed it in a seperate area? Like a shoe box? If so, how would I get it back in without making it regurgitate?

Oh and a little off topic but, how often does it poop? He hasn't yet.....

Thanks ;)

Hiya! Try to find a food item that is 1.5 times the width of your snake. What size pinks? There is a difference between the really small pinks and a large pink. Feed in a separate container, like a rubbermaid or critter keeper. You can get it out of the container by lifting it out carefully and putting it immediately back into it's cage. My snakes usually poo once or twice a week (that I can find - half the time I clean their cage and it's stuck to the bottom!) depending on how much they ate.

~Katie

Sunblotch
07-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Just a quick tip about feeding- i feed my girl in a Glad container. instead if picking her up after, i lower the container in her tank so she crawls out on her own. That way im not touching her. She's never regurged at all. Good luck!