PDA

View Full Version : Pinkie Question

Pinkie Question

omega01
07-07-2005, 10:27 PM
I have a strange question (I searched for it in the forums but couldn't find anything) Is there anyway to tell the difference between a male or female mouse pink?

bballmatt100
07-07-2005, 11:16 PM
May I ask why? (no clue though)

omega01
07-07-2005, 11:23 PM
So i can keep the females and feed off the males to my baby snakes.

PssdffJay
07-08-2005, 04:43 AM
I have a strange question (I searched for it in the forums but couldn't find anything) Is there anyway to tell the difference between a male or female mouse pink?

I have been sitting here for a while looking at this pinky that Nagini just wont eat and it looks like it has Stuart Little's Boy's parts, but this is my first pink so i dont really know. I still cant get nagini to eat, she took a bite but spit it out, if you can picture a snake doing that or know what I mean, but she just lies on a curl on one side of the glad container and the pinky on the other. I dont know what Im doing wrong, I was told that she was eating every friday before i bought her. Maybe ill give her a little privacy for half an hour. Good luck trying to figure out your "parts".

Jynx
07-08-2005, 11:08 AM
I think they are way too young. What you could do is wait until they hit about weanling size. I'm not too good with mice, but I would imagine that you could just freeze the males and save them for a later date when your snake is big enough to eat them.

sumguy
07-08-2005, 12:04 PM
I have been sitting here for a while looking at this pinky that Nagini just wont eat and it looks like it has Stuart Little's Boy's parts, but this is my first pink so i dont really know. I still cant get nagini to eat, she took a bite but spit it out, if you can picture a snake doing that or know what I mean, but she just lies on a curl on one side of the glad container and the pinky on the other. I dont know what Im doing wrong, I was told that she was eating every friday before i bought her. Maybe ill give her a little privacy for half an hour. Good luck trying to figure out your "parts".
Make sure the pinky is slightly warm and the right size. Put in a container in a quiet and dark area for a few hours. If that doesn't work, try tease feeding. If neither of those work search the form for feeding problems. You may also want to wait another week to de-stress the snake.

Have a problem sexing pinkies as well. This pictorial is really helpful: http://charismaticmice.homestead.com/sexing.html Around day 11, the females will get little bald spots around their nipples. Not too long after that, the fur covers the bald spots and you're stuck looking at their nether regions again

omega01
07-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Have a problem sexing pinkies as well. This pictorial is really helpful: http://charismaticmice.homestead.com/sexing.html Around day 11, the females will get little bald spots around their nipples. Not too long after that, the fur covers the bald spots and you're stuck looking at their nether regions again

Thanks for the link

Sasheena
07-08-2005, 03:12 PM
When newborn, it's actually easy (once you know how) to sex pinkies.... if you have access to ten or so of them look at all their little rears and notice that they ALL have the little "sticking out thingie"..... but you will notice that on some it appears to be about twice as long, thick, and obvious. Those are the boys. Now when we say twice as long, we're talking about maybe a full millimeter as opposed to half a millimeter, and so these are nearly microscopic differences. But as you get better and better at telling the difference, you'll feel more confident.

Good luck

MightyNutteR
07-09-2005, 07:38 AM
I heard that theres a bigger space between the anus and the sticky out thing if they are boys, and not that much of a space if they are girls.

lockshockbarrel
07-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Actually, when they're pinks it's one of the best times to identify them. I'd use the link, then use a definite male and definite female to identify the rest. It gets easier with practice.