• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How much to feed?

Dastuff

Alright so I have a baby corn. I think he is about 4 months old. I have read the forums regarding how much to feed corns. I know that if the bulge (where the pinky is) is still there after a couple days you are feeding too much. And if it is completely gone in a day or less than he is not getting enough. I was just generally wondering how much people feed there corns at 3 months...6 months... 1 year.... I have been feeding one pinky every 4 days or so. Enough? Too much?

Thanks in advance!

For small hatchlings I feed one pinky on Wednesday and one on Saturday.
For much larger hatchlings I feed two fuzzies every Wednesday and Saturday.
For yearlings I feed one hopper on Wednesday and one on Saturday.
For adults I feed one adult mouse each week.

I know I have quite a weird feeding routine but it works for me. It all depends on how quickly you want the snake to grow. The regime above will make corns grow very quickly while they are young. If you don't want to 'plump them up' then you can feed them just one item once a week.

What you're feeding your snake is fine but you may wish to start feeding just a little bit more. How big is he because it might not be long before you move up to fuzzies.

Last edited:
How big is your snake? In corns, age doesn't really help as much as knowing the size b/c more food=bigger snake and less food=smaller snake.
I feed my hatchlings one small or big pinkie (depending if it is a small or large hatchling) every 4 or 5 days. A three day lapse in between feedings is not quite long enough for my liking but if it works for Neil, good for him and his snakes.
I'm not really anxious to have them grow quickly, but some people like to feed their snakes more to grow up their snakes more quickly for breeding or whatever.

Iris-

Forgot to mention that I only feed my snakes again after they have defacated. If my snakes haven't been to the toilet then I don't feed them because I don't want them to be too full up and busy digesting. Just thought I'd add that.

Neil

Yes I totally agree with Neil... except maybe the days that he feeds them :D to weird for me lol... I feed my little corns which are around 1 year and under... every Monday and Friday... and I feed the adults every Monday... and just like Neil I dont feed my corns unless they have pooped... so Neil I can see where your coming from... except the Monday Thursday Tuesday Friday All day No day :confused: :D :confused: times lol

I see
I have a little calendar on each of my snakes' tanks/containers and I try to feed every 4 or 5 days. Sometimes I forget and feed on the 6th day or something, but I usually remember and it's nice to have a little record right there. I also keep track of sheds and any observations I have on there.

Jr Nimeskern

I would like to keep the same feeding days everyweek but are they all ready to feed on Mon. if they just fed on Fri.? (I mean have they pooped) I feed my hatchlings every 4 days and my adults every 8. I just wondered if any had ever refused a meal or regurged. It would be nice to have the same day, less brain work!LOL

Colleen:)

I am totally agree with everyone else but I just wanted to tell you my feeding schedule, cuz we have roughly the same sized snake. I feed my 16" baby corn a pinky on Monday and Thursday. I also wait to make sure she has done her business before feeding her next, she almost always poos on the third day.

Rainey

Back