PDA

View Full Version : help

help

greasychips
08-20-2002, 10:16 AM
i have a 3 month old miami phase that hasn't eaten in about 4/5 feedings, but usually he is quite a pig, help cos i am getting a bit worried, i feed tiny pinkys, i put him and the (dead) pinky in a container the size of a lunch box with air wholes in, on there own usually he gets it strait away.

Rachel
08-20-2002, 11:42 AM
How long ago was his last feed? It could be a million and one reasons...he could be ill, in mating behaviour (although I'm not too sure if its still the season) or he could have something like an impaction.
Have you noticed any changes in him? Like sickness or runny poo (i know they normally have runny poo but I mean really watery like egg white stuff!). Is he less willing to be handled just now, being aggressive? Anything like that let us now and it'll be easier to guess whats wrong with him.

Simon
08-20-2002, 03:22 PM
Well corn snakes going off feed for 4-5 meals isn't much of a problem. They don't have to be sick to go off feed. Its just that they don't feel like eating and they just go off feed. Don't worry that much, maybe the next time you feed it, it'll eat.
I have snakes that goes off feed sometimes and it lasts for 3-6 months.....and they are still completely healthy, breeds for me, and lets me handle them with no problem at all. So don't worry too much for 4-5 meals...

As long as it's healthy looking, have access to fresh water, and sheds correctly, not eatting is fine.

Just make sure that the skin doesn't go too wrinkley and looks to be losing too much weight. Cause these systoms are signs of sickness...

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

greasychips
08-21-2002, 05:13 AM
he has clean water, and i don't see any change 2 him, he is just as lively as ever.
thnx.

(
matt and rex)