PDA

View Full Version : Did she shed?

Did she shed?

Sunblotch
07-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Kaylee was in the blue for 2 days, when i went to hold her today, i noticed that her eyes were very clear, and so was her body. However, i can't find any evidence that she shed. There's nothin in her tank as far as shed skin goes.
I'm already a little nervous because i havent seen any poop in her tank, and i fed her on sunday. Can anyone "shed" some light on why she returned to normal color with out shedding? Thank you!

PtDnsr
07-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Kaylee was in the blue for 2 days, when i went to hold her today, i noticed that her eyes were very clear, and so was her body. However, i can't find any evidence that she shed. There's nothin in her tank as far as shed skin goes.
I'm already a little nervous because i havent seen any poop in her tank, and i fed her on sunday. Can anyone "shed" some light on why she returned to normal color with out shedding? Thank you!
Before snakes actually shed their eyes will clear up again for a few days. As for pooping, she'll probably wait until she sheds - mine usually do. Look for a shed in her tank in the next few days.

~Katie

Sunblotch
07-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Thank you! i will keep an eye out, in the mean time... should feed her as schedualed? or wait until she sheds?

ScottyK
07-14-2005, 10:55 PM
You can see if she's hungry if you'd like. Two of my snakes will eat before shedding, and one of those two will even eat when in blue phase. That would be my pig of a Crimson pictured in the "determining adult size" thread I started yesterday.

Of course, because nothing's ever simple, :rolleyes: my Okeetee never takes food when about to shed. It seems (to me at least) that it depends on the individual snake, so see what yours prefers and roll with it....

Sunblotch
07-14-2005, 11:46 PM
thanks for the advice!

Bl1nd
07-15-2005, 08:28 AM
:-offtopic Hey sunblotch i was just wondering what part of Connecticut your from?, if you go on AIM sometime we could talk about your snake :)

plus I'm new to snakes to but i know my stuff, and look under the substraight for the shed thats where mine sheds

SnakeAround
07-15-2005, 08:32 AM
I didn't knwo that before the first shed of mine too! I put the hatchling in a container with a pinky for dinner and suddenly it started pushing it's nose to the sides frantically to start shedding, but I only found that out later when I came back to see if he had eaten and after searching this site about what the nose pushing was about.... I read about the shedding and so it happenend! Gues its jaws had to shed before he was able to stretch them.