PDA

View Full Version : Cornsnake with tremors

Cornsnake with tremors

Kat
08-20-2002, 05:49 PM
I noticed during feeding last night that one of my more recently acquired cornsnakes trembled when I picked her up to put her in the feeding container (I had not noticed this the first two times I handled her). I'm unsure as to the cause. (She ate fine, BTW.) I intend to keep an eye on her and see how she acts the next time I go to handle her, but I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to what might be the cause of this? Should I contact the breeder? Or is it likely this was just a one-time thing and/or a harmless occurance?

This snake is (I'm told) 3 years old and never been bred.

If anyone can give me some solid info/advice, I'd appreciate it.

-Kat

Neil
08-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Maybe she was just nervous and was shaking her tail a lot so her whole body shook. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about but keep an eye on her-just incase.

Kat
08-20-2002, 06:45 PM
It wasn't tailrattling. She didn't tail rattle at all when I was holding her (after she started eating was a different story). She was definately trembling when I picked her up to put her in the feeding container though.

Iris
08-20-2002, 07:42 PM
I have no clue what is wrong but I am very curious.
Was it like a seizure? Was the whole snake shaking or just one part?
If it doesn't happen again, I guess there's nothing to worry about. I hope it's nothing serious.

Kat
08-21-2002, 01:05 PM
I don't think it was a seizure..... it seemed like the sort of shaking you get when an animal is either terrified or extremely unsure of its perch.

Rainey
08-21-2002, 04:53 PM
She was probably just a little nervous, I don't know why. Did you surprise her? My baby corn gets a little shakey if she falls from a perch. She must have just been spooked about something. Maybe there was something in the air that she smelled or sensed.

Rainey