PDA

View Full Version : Defrosted!!!!

Defrosted!!!!

Boris
07-15-2005, 05:14 PM
:eek1: well I went to my freezer today and found that my house m8 had left the door slightly open and all my food had started to defrost... including my mice for my snake. They were left in the freezer and I've used duct tape to make sure it stays shut.

Will the mice be ok or will I have to replace the lot???? I know u would normally if the snake refused to eat it but as they remained in the freezer they should be ok?

any advice appreciated!

Joejr14
07-15-2005, 05:15 PM
They should be just fine.

oldhand
07-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Were they still frozen or had the started to defrost?

Boris
07-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Were they still frozen or had the started to defrost?

started to defrost!

JTGoff69
07-15-2005, 09:06 PM
As long as they weren't completely defrosted and warm, they should still be okay to refreeze.

Bug22baby
07-15-2005, 09:19 PM
That happened to me when my landlord took thier good old time fixing my fridge and I lost my freezer one day and mice got a lil defrosted. They were ok for a few weeks and they just looked bad, I ended up throwing them out and have since bought my own mini freezer to store my mice in so that doesnt happen again. The best way to know if they are good or not is if your snakes refuse to eat them or become more picky eating. That was the first sign for me to pitch them. GoodLuck Amanda

Boris
07-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Aaaarrrrgh thanks for all the advice guys but now I'm in two minds whether to feed them to him or not tbh it's only pence to buy new ones and I don't think I should risk my snakes health!!! but at the same time there are 10 mice in my freezer!

If I feed them to him and he eats them then they should be ok...... but what if he eats them anyway cuz he's a lard ass and their bad??? will he die??? :-puke01:

:shrugs: AAAARRRRGGGGH! but thanks anyways! :sidestep:

Bug22baby
07-16-2005, 09:17 AM
When I tested mine some refused to eat them and then some ate them. Nothing happened as far as them regurging or dieing. I ended up throwing mine away weeks later. I belive it was due part in fact that they were defrosted some then refrozen then defrosted. My landlord was cheap and thought he could fix the fridge. Well he couldnt and replaced it with another POS fridge. If they look fine as in not all deformed or freezer burned. Go ahead and try it, your snake may refuse or they may taste just as good. Use your own judgment.

Steve H
07-16-2005, 09:39 AM
As long as they didn't completely thaw out they should be ok to refreeze.
I had it happen to me before and never had a problem.