PDA

View Full Version : My 200th Post!!

My 200th Post!!

Neil
08-20-2002, 07:13 PM
Another poll.

OK, you breeders: How many eggs do you produce each year(on average) and what are your hatch rates(%)?

Also, what are your male:female ratios and how many females do you breed? Lots of questions!!

CornCrazy
08-20-2002, 08:10 PM
This is my first year having eggs, and the breeding wasn't intentional (at least on my part). My daughter put the snakes together while I wasn't home and the male bred both females. My eggs haven't hatched, yet. But out of 27 total eggs, two have already died. Oh yeah...one of the females is about to double clutch!!!

Simon
08-20-2002, 11:38 PM
I get around 120 plus of minus snakes eggs a year...
I have around 10 pairs to breed and each giving me around 10-15 eggs...so more or less....LOL...

Kel
08-22-2002, 12:19 PM
My two adult females have double-clutched this year and produced 90 eggs between them.

Of the first two clutches (total 52 eggs) one was infertile and obviously so from the day it was laid. I had 100% successful hatching from the remaining 51 eggs, although a hard core of 6 hatchlings are currently refusing to feed, with some not due to start feeding for a few days (awaiting first sheds).

The next two clutches are due to hatch late September. Of these 38 eggs, 3 appear to be obviously non-viable but I'm hopeful of another 100% hatch rate from the remaining 35.

Cheers
Kel