PDA

View Full Version : Funny Anecdotes Relating to Mice

Funny Anecdotes Relating to Mice

Sasheena
07-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Hey, thought it might be fun to have some "funny anecdotes" thread.

Of course my opening anecdote is perhaps not the funniest...

Once upon a time, between when I was a kid and the family had a snake, and when I got "into" snakes as an adult.... I remember once stumbling onto the whole snake-community peripherally...

My boyfriend of the time brought me over to his brother's house. I was somewhat startled by the huge red-tailed boa with an enclosure that took up 1/4th of the living room. I didn't know how to react when the brother said: "Do you want to see some cool mice?"

It was a VERY bizarre situation to have the brother take me out to the garage, and in the first moment the odor of mice was so strong. I don't think I even comprehended the whole mouse rack thing, but that is what he had in his garage. He had to show me some baby mice, saying "Can you believe that mice are yellow?" and he showed them to me. I remember my desire to be polite and show all the interest in the world and still get the heck out of there!

Fast forward to times when people not "in" the snake world visit my own house and I take them into my mouse house to show them my snakes. I always have a flashback to that time and try to be understanding of people's complete non-understanding of the whole snake-lover's universe.

It's weird though, to remember my feelings from "outside" and now from the "inside"

ScottyK
07-18-2005, 10:02 PM
LOL :)

Here's one that relates to the discussion we are having in the other thread, and why I'll never bring a live mouse home again...

I was in Petland with my wife a few years ago, when she noticed a tank with three feeder mice in it. Being totally oblivious to reptile keeping she asked me why they were so much cheaper than all of the other pets. After the look of horror on her face when I explained, the wallet came out and the almost two year long "Mousecapades" started :rolleyes:

FIrst we wound up with a male and two females. The three quickly turned into 20, so we fiqured we'd seperate the sexes. That's when I found out that male mice fight with each other and I wound up outfitting about ten 10 gallon tanks out for all of these stupid mice :uhoh:

Lesson two was just how fast they procreate! I couldn't believe it, but we didn't get them seperated before two more females got pregnant. If they were people, those pregnancies would have been illegal in 48 states!

So we wound up with 15 tanks with one male per tank. I went out and got this big indoor rabbit cage for all of the girls and they all went into the laundry room with the boys. What a big stinky mess they were. Thank goodnes one of my clients is a pet company and I didn't have to pay for all of the food and bedding. Needless to say, my wife no longer goes into the back of that store with me anymore....