PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Problem

Taxidermy
07-19-2005, 07:31 AM
I havent really seen my snake drink any water from his dish, and its been two days since i have fed him and still have found no poop? Is this a bad sign?

Also on one of his darker colored saddles he has one mismatched scale, the color of his back ground color..

Mary-Beth
07-19-2005, 07:41 AM
I havent really seen my snake drink any water from his dish, and its been two days since i have fed him and still have found no poop? Is this a bad sign?

Also on one of his darker colored saddles he has one mismatched scale, the color of his back ground color..

They drink when they are active, which is usually at night while we are sleeping. That's probably why you haven't seen him drink.

Mine poop about 55 hours after they eat and then again 24 hours after that, and they will do it under the shavings where it's hard to find sometimes. If he's had his adjustment period already, go ahead and pick him up, I bet you'll "find" some poop! :grin01:

His scales sound fine too.

cka
07-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Next time you put him back, dangle him over his water dish and place his nose in the water...Ocasionally mine will hang there and drink up...Mary Beth gave you good advice tho, sounds like no worries :*)