PDA

View Full Version : Dicoloration

Dicoloration

joypassion
07-22-2005, 09:12 AM
My albino corn is about a year old. I noticed that around his head, mouth and upper body he has a yellow discoloration. I am not sure what would cause this or if it is really serious. Also, in the past few weeks his scales from underneath have been falling off or coming off. Does anyone know what this is or if it is serious?

Thanks!!

~slither~
07-22-2005, 09:20 AM
The yellow could just be like found on loads of corns. I've just googled albino corn and it came up with pics that did show this normal colouration, and some that didn't. The scales coming off I aren't too sure about. But from what I've heard they'll repair in a shed or twos time.

sojkas
07-22-2005, 09:32 AM
This colour is very common. I think I will not lie if I say that actually more corns have it, than don't. It appears with age.

joypassion
07-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure if it was a problem due to never seeing that color on him before and it being such a weird yellow.

Mary-Beth
07-26-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread before.
It sounds like you need to get the snake to a vet right away for the scales that are falling off. It could be rot from excessive moister or something else intirely, but if it where my snake I'd be off to the vet with it RIGHT NOW!
I hope he will be ok. Good luck. :wavey: