PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please!!

Need Help Please!!

blackwidow8520
08-04-2005, 12:47 AM
Hi all my first post here. I need some help. My corn snake Decimus, has two 'things' protruding from his 'bottom'. I thought he was going for a poo, but then these dark grey things poked out, one on either side and since nothing. He hasn't got rid of them, and they haven't gone back inside him, and as I've never seen this happen before I haven't a clue what it could be. I was thinking they were maybe his 'private parts', but I really haven't a clue. I would be very grateful for any help.

blackwidow8520
08-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Also, I'm not completely sure he is a boy, I was told he was at the pet shop I got him from at 4 weeks old. He is now 3 years old and 4 ft long if that helps any! Thanks again

jazzgeek
08-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Yeah, as I mentioned to you in chat, since they're symmetrical and look the same, it appears you have a male with prolapsed hemipenes. Two things you need to do:

Keep the hemipenes moist (try using a water-based lubricant like KY Jelly) until you can....
Get him to a vet ASAP.
regards,
jazz

CornCrazy
08-04-2005, 06:12 AM
...it appears you have a male with prolapsed hemipenes. Two things you need to do:

Keep the hemipenes moist (try using a water-based lubricant like KY Jelly) until you can....
Get him to a vet ASAP.
regards,
jazz
I agree completely. If they remain prolapsed, then they may have to be amputated. The sooner you get him to a vet, the chance of a full recovery is better.

MegF.
08-04-2005, 08:00 AM
I believe as an emergency treatment until you get him there, you can try a heavy paste of sugar in water. Drop it on there with an eye dropper or something. Keep him on moist paper towel in the mean time.