PDA

View Full Version : almost two weeks w/o water!! :(

almost two weeks w/o water!! :(

Naheka
08-04-2005, 09:53 PM
i have been away on some stupid vacation for almost two weeks and no one would care for my naheka.. please.. will she still be alive when i get home? how long can she live without water. i am very scared for her permanent demenor and health. if ANYONE has ANY suggestions please help me it would be very much appreciated.

- Naheka

PtDnsr
08-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Are you already on vacation? If not I'd put a very big water dish in, feed her at least 4 days before leaving, and turn off the heat if possible. If you're already away, well...hope that the water will last or you can convince someone to go over and care for her. Where are you located?

~Katie

Naheka
08-04-2005, 10:08 PM
i am 2,000 miles away from my baby in illinois. while she is located in california. i had quite a big water dish in there.. almost a full bottle of water. but i'm sure she drank it all already. she usually finishes the bowl in a few days .. tops.
i asked a few people to try and get to her. with no avail. i'm still trying. i've been away from almost two weeks. i last gave her water two teusdays ago at about 10 pm.. and fed her the thursday before that

PtDnsr
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
If you post where in CA maybe someone on here would be close enough to offer some assistance (meet neighbor you trust w/ key or something) if you/your parents (assuming you live at home) are ok with that. I know there are a some people out in CA. Out of curiosity when will you be home again?

~Katie

corncrazy008
08-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi. I'm in southern california and can check up on her if you are close. Where exactly in California are you?

MegF.
08-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Me too! We'll meet for a date Corncrazy!

iiijeniii
08-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Maybe we could all meet for a party at Naheka's house! :cheers:

MegF.
08-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Party, Party!!!

Knight_errant
08-06-2005, 04:45 AM
I sincerely hope your snake will be fine and I suspect it probably will.

I was stationed with a guy in Jacksonville, Florida some years ago who fed his boa and put it in a storage facility just prior to our six-month deployment. I found out about this after we got back and he found his now dessicated boa. He claimed he had read that snakes can go many months without eating and couldn't understand what happened. When asked what water supply he used for the snake to last it six months, he got real quiet...

It amazes me how someone can survive for 20 years with such intelligence...

Naheka
08-07-2005, 01:30 AM
ah.. thank you.. it kind of puts me at ease. although the party at my house was a good idea.. i don't think it would go well with my parents or the rest of my family hahaha. i have a feeling she will survive. i know snakes are survivors.. that's waht makes them so beautiful.. apart from their MASSIVE killing power hahah