PDA

View Full Version : Swallowing problem

Swallowing problem

Gintha
08-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Okie here the problem, Treasure's mouses belly popped open just as she got the last part in her mouth so the intestines went down after the mouse. Her throat is thicker than normal now and shes rubbing the bottom of her head and her throat against everything. Shes been doing this rubbing thing for around a day now. Is there anything to worry about or will she work it out on her own?

MegF.
08-18-2005, 08:01 PM
I've had mice burst before, but I've never had a problem with my snake afterwards. Are you certain she isn't approaching shed, and it was just a coincidence? Many of the snakes will swell in the throat area when they are about to shed. The only other thing I could suggest (aside from a vet trip) is to maybe gently open her mouth and see if you can spot anything in there.

graffixcs
08-19-2005, 12:24 PM
It could also be some mouse "juice" that has dried causing her to be irritated, hence the rubbing. I would try to wipe it with a warm damp cloth and let her rub on that. It can't hurt even if that is not the problem. (just a thought)

Gintha
08-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Now that I have internet again... she's not due for shed for 3 or 4 more weeks, and she started the rubbing right after she swalled the mouse. I looked in her mouth and found the problem tho! The intestines were stuck on one of her teeth and effectually choking her. I managed to get them off her tooth and shes fine now =) I phoned her vet and shes seen this happen before, where a small piece of intestinal skin is caught on the tooth when the tooth ascends back into its "pocket" she said I did the right thing and that Treasure should be fine now =) Thanks for the idea to look in there hehe =)