PDA

View Full Version : Change in shed intervals

Change in shed intervals

zwyatt
08-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Okay, just a basic question about time intervals between sheds. I was wondering if anyone sees a very noticable difference in time intervals between sheds for seemingly no reason. The reason I am curious is that:

My snow's first 3 (?) sheds with me were like clock work with about a month between each. Now it has already easily been a month (closer to 5 weeks) since the last shed and she usually starts hiding more about 6-7 days before the actual shed. And she isn't hiding yet. So I figure it will close to 6 weeks between this shed and last. She's been moved up to eating fuzzies for a few weeks now and I figured if anything this would make her shed sooner. She did seem a little dull today when I held her so maybe it is coming soon. I'm not at all concerned but wondering if anyone else sees anything like this with theirs. Thanks

Bobo's Mama
08-22-2005, 05:37 AM
I've experienced the exact same thing with my snake. First two sheds were a month apart and the third came six weeks later...AFTER I bumped her up to fuzzies. Weird huh?:shrugs: I keep track of her records, ie: poops, feeds, weight, sheds, etc... and here's how it goes
5/12
6/13
7/26

I guess I can't really answer your question, just share my info and let you know that you're not alone on this topic. Maybe the experts will let us know the secret. I do know that they say as a snake gets older and grows up it does shed less often.

zwyatt
08-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience. I figured at some point the time between them would change but didn't expect it to be so abrupt and elongated. I figure there may be something else going on that I don't realize although I haven't changed anything other than pinks --> fuzzies.