PDA

View Full Version : When to Feed more than Just 1

When to Feed more than Just 1

amcgltdchix
08-25-2005, 09:15 PM
How do you know when it's time to feed more than one pinkie? Do you wait for several months of successful feeds or just go by how hungry they are by the next feeding?

I'm currently feeding Cornbread every 4 days. He acts like the food is not going to be there he eats so fast now. He even seems bigger!

Lennycorn
08-25-2005, 09:45 PM
Didn't you just get cornbread? ( love that name) What size is he? long/girth. I think the rule is feeding size up to 1 1/2 of the snake. And I think.... every four days might be pushing it. Snake will eat everyday if you let them. So it not that he hungry all the time. So going back it depends on the size of the snake.

Good Luck

amcgltdchix
08-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Didn't you just get cornbread? ( love that name) What size is he? long/girth. I think the rule is feeding size up to 1 1/2 of the snake. And I think.... every four days might be pushing it. Snake will eat everyday if you let them. So it not that he hungry all the time. So going back it depends on the size of the snake.

Good Luck

I got CB over a month ago now. He ate his second meal last night- 5 days after his first meal. Should I just stick to 5 days or 7?

Lennycorn
08-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Hatchling can be fed every 5 to 7 days. I'm a little confused...That not hard to do ha! Over a month and he been feed twice five days OK????. Was there a feed problem??? Anyway. every five days is OK.

Good luck .

Bobo's Mama
08-26-2005, 12:25 AM
I would say that considering you just barely got him to feed during his last 2 tries that you should keep him going on one pinkie for at least 3 or 4 more feedings. That way he gets the feel for eating before you bump him up to 2 pinkies. That's just my opinion though, others might have different ideas.