PDA

View Full Version : feeding question

feeding question

wavenup
08-31-2005, 03:42 PM
i got my hatchling yesterday. when is the appropiate time to feed my hatchling if i did not no my snakes' previous owners' scheduled feeding times. :dancer: :dancer:

graffixcs
08-31-2005, 04:22 PM
At the risk of repeating previous similar posts, the general guide is to let the hatchling settle in for a week, this means minimal handling. The young snake will be stressed from the relocation and all its new surroundings.

I recommend not attempting to feed the hatchling until at least next Tuesday, just to give it time to adjust. Don't worry about the previous feed day as s/he will be fine for that length of time.

This will give you plenty of time to read through as many of the threads here alone to gain as much knowledge as possible and may answer many questions before they even arise.

Good luck with the baby. :)

wavenup
08-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Thank you for your input

JM :o)
08-31-2005, 05:42 PM
If it's the baby I sent you yesterday~ He will be fine if you wait until next Tuesday to feed. I know your worried that his card lets you know his last feed was the 20th~ but it will not hurt him at all to go two or even three or four weeks if you had too. He is a big, fat, healthy baby. I know he looks little to you~ but for a guy his age he is definatly a fat baby! I intentionally did not feed him last weekend because I knew he was being shipped Monday. (And I was busy~ sometimes everyone runs a bit late of a "regular feed"~ it won't hurt them at all).

If I were you I would go ahead and give him a couple days to mellow out (without being handled) and then feed him this Saturday (or Sunday~ or Monday~ whichever day fits best into YOUR schedule). Then give him two days to digest~ THEN start handling him regularly (except for the two days after every meal). He is a baby so he will probably act stressed with handling~ but if your gentle and just hold onto him while he will mellow out in short order.

wavenup
08-31-2005, 06:23 PM
thanks alot JM your very helpfull,

hes not shy at al.

ill show u updates of my hatchling in alittle while.
ill feed my hatchling on saterday. :) :)